Search

Go Back   MustangForums.com > Ford Mustang Tech > Classic Mustangs (Tech) > Classic Mustang General Discussion
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Classic Mustang General Discussion Make your non-Technical threads/posts in here.

Welcome to Mustang Forums!
Welcome to Mustang Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

Old 03-03-2011, 01:36 PM   #1
bluemustang1966
1st Gear Member

Vehicle: 1966 Mustang Sprint 200 Coupe
Default 68 Mustang on craigslist - 1500

How much of a pain would this be if it in and of itself is ok? Not sure what would have to be done paper wise for the title issue. Only $1500. Requested pics from seller since none are in listing.

More of a curiosity as I don't think I could pony up the money and feel good about it when I have my 66 that I haven't started yet.

http://peoria.craigslist.org/cto/2221039561.html

'I have a 1968 mustang project car, I have $6k invested but I wrecked my daily driver so it has got to go. Make an offer! I have a new dash, seat covers, GT rear valance, GT 350 fiberglass front valance, Complete dash, Edelbrock RPM Performer 4bbl intake and 750 cfm edelbrock carb. 302 and 9" rear w/ posi. The top end is ripped apart and 1 head bolt needs to be pulled before it can be re assembled. Needs filed for lost title, it is registered in my name now but state never sent me a paper title and I never filed for a replacement. Email with offers lets get this car sold!'
This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Mustang Forums!

Last edited by bluemustang1966; 03-03-2011 at 01:42 PM.
bluemustang1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 02:53 PM   #2
kgrun4
2nd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2005 Mustang V6

In NY its easy I believe you just file for a duplicate title.
kgrun4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 09:17 PM   #3
andrewmp6
6th Gear Member

The 9 inch and the engine are worth the 1500 probably.
andrewmp6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 09:29 PM   #4
hightower2011
4th Gear Member

Vehicle: 1968 Ford Mustang Coupe

Pics will help. Be careful trying to carry two projects. I made the mistake of getting 2 cars before I realized my plans were greater than my budget after picking up a second car.
I think you'd rather have one finished car than two half done ones...
hightower2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 07:07 AM   #5
bluemustang1966
1st Gear Member

Vehicle: 1966 Mustang Sprint 200 Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by hightower2011 View Post
Pics will help. Be careful trying to carry two projects. I made the mistake of getting 2 cars before I realized my plans were greater than my budget after picking up a second car.
I think you'd rather have one finished car than two half done ones...
I agree. I have the room to store, but I like I said in in OP, I don't think I'd feel good having two. Still curious to see if he sends me pics or a response of some kind. If it looks like a steal it'll be a long tough conversation with myself and then the wife
bluemustang1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 10:22 AM   #6
hightower2011
4th Gear Member

Vehicle: 1968 Ford Mustang Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluemustang1966 View Post
I agree. I have the room to store, but I like I said in in OP, I don't think I'd feel good having two. Still curious to see if he sends me pics or a response of some kind. If it looks like a steal it'll be a long tough conversation with myself and then the wife
If it is a steal, it could be a good idea to store it and not touch it until the '66 is done.

Locally, I found a 1973 Mach1 in poor shape for sale for $1,250. I knew I could restore it over time, and would've loved to pick it up and at least store it in one of our sheds but I simply did not have the extra money for it.

Either way, I'm sure you'll have a tougher conversation with the wife than a conversation with yourself.
hightower2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 10:22 AM
MustangForums
Ford Mustang

Paid Advertisement

Tags
1500, 1966, 1968, 66, 68, classic, craigs, craigslist, listorg, lost, mustage, mustang, mustangs, parts, sale, site, title