Search

Go Back   MustangForums.com > Ford Mustang Tech > Classic Mustangs (Tech) > Classic Mustang General Discussion
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Classic Mustang General Discussion Make your non-Technical threads/posts in here.

Welcome to Mustang Forums!
Welcome to Mustang Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

Old 03-28-2014, 02:38 PM   #11
cescocareri

Vehicle: n/a

Right. On. The. Money.

You sir know your ****. I saw the vehicle today and though it looks and sounds great. The appraiser valued it at $11,000. Lots of bondo and body patch work especially in the rear. Not original engine obv. Console was scratched to ****. Disappointing but at the same time eye opening. Back to the drawing board. But, wow, Gun, were you ever right lol kudos.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gun Jam View Post
im curious how an appraiser would know what to look for unless they were a classic mustang owner as well.

It just doesn't scream "im kinda close to perfection" as you would expect for 17k

really who the hell puts on disk brakes and runs a single MC...to make matters worse its not even an original MC. If I recall correct they came with a screw on lid not a snap. So apparently they went though all that trouble to scrounge up some POS master cylinder off who knows what so they could avoid improved safety and functionality of a dual MC to save a few buck at the expense of a lot of time.

Its things like that that make me wonder what was really going on.

It just looks neglected to me and or rushed though at least under the hood so who knows what else is going on with it.

I still think its a 10k car at best
This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Mustang Forums!
cescocareri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 11:34 PM   #12
Gun Jam

Send a message via ICQ to Gun Jam Send a message via AIM to Gun Jam Send a message via Yahoo to Gun Jam

I get lucky sometimes.

Would he take 10 or 11 for it?

If you are into it you can get a good runner that may not look really amazing but is solid for 6k and do a perpetual rolling restore like I do with my car. Drive it between upgrades. Get disc brakes and and dual mc, then drive it then later on suspension mods good shocks and springs, shelby drop, sway bars, global west a arms then later maybe a 5 speed swap and a set of 3.80 or rear end gears and true trac diff or maybe some engine mods or a whole engine restore...you know one thing at a time and then 5 years later you have a really awesome car that you made your own.

-Gun

Masters of Industrial Technology intelligence thats why I own guns made to drop elephants.
Gun Jam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 12:48 PM   #13
musnicki
3rd Gear Member

Vehicle: 1967, Ford, Mustang Fastback
James Musnicki
Send a message via AIM to musnicki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gun Jam View Post
I get lucky sometimes.

Would he take 10 or 11 for it?

If you are into it you can get a good runner that may not look really amazing but is solid for 6k and do a perpetual rolling restore like I do with my car. Drive it between upgrades. Get disc brakes and and dual mc, then drive it then later on suspension mods good shocks and springs, shelby drop, sway bars, global west a arms then later maybe a 5 speed swap and a set of 3.80 or rear end gears and true trac diff or maybe some engine mods or a whole engine restore...you know one thing at a time and then 5 years later you have a really awesome car that you made your own.

-Gun

I'm eight years down the road and you hit it dead center. I call it a rolling restoration.

James

Musnicki
musnicki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 03:40 PM   #14
cescocareri

Vehicle: n/a

How do you guys feel about the bondo tho? I mean I think most old cars have had some body work/filler. Should I be concerned with it or not? Thanks.
cescocareri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 07:21 PM   #15
Gun Jam

Send a message via ICQ to Gun Jam Send a message via AIM to Gun Jam Send a message via Yahoo to Gun Jam

not ff you pay less than 11 for it and there is no excessive rust an no critical damage like tweaked frame and it drives and stops straight and the cowl doesnt **** water all over the floor...then no

Masters of Industrial Technology intelligence thats why I own guns made to drop elephants.
Gun Jam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 04:28 PM   #16
fastbackford351
Foghorn Leghorn

Vehicle: 1967 Fastback & 2002 GT Convertible

The finned 1985 factory 351W Econoline valve covers are a nice touch.

Governments are extremely dangerous.
Death, imprisonment, theft of property
and loss of freedom will result from
giving them too much power.
fastbackford351 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 06:22 AM   #17
tx65coupe
5th Gear Member

Vehicle: 1965 Ford Mustang

I don't think Econoline vans ever had finned valve covers from the factory. What's wrong with the valve covers?

Last edited by tx65coupe; 05-19-2014 at 06:24 AM.
tx65coupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 06:23 AM   #18
tx65coupe
5th Gear Member

Vehicle: 1965 Ford Mustang

I think the price just dropped while I was viewing the ad. I'd say that the car is probably worth about 10k as well.

tx65coupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 06:23 AM
MustangForums
Ford Mustang

Paid Advertisement