Classic Mustangs (Tech) Technical discussions about the Mustangs of yester-year.

Our New 68 stang-Few ?'s

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2006, 05:46 PM
Lumbergh
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Our New 68 stang-Few ?'s

Quinchem,

Just remove the lettuce on the end of the address and go to www.discbrakeswap.com
Old 11-16-2006, 05:48 PM
THUMPIN455
5th Gear Member

Well the rotors, calipes, pads, and related small hardware are available at NAPA, Kragen, Carquest, Pep Boys etc. The spindles and backing plates are the thing you need to scrounge for. Junkyards, or people who have the stuff layin around from cars they junked are the sources for these parts. Unless you buy an entire Granada, since they sometimes have a V8, disc brakes, and a 9" rear end that will all swap into the early Mustangs. I havent atually seen a Granada in some time now. I always thought they would make a nice interesting sleeper, who would expect one of them to be fast anyway?

but I digress.. you just need to find the spindles and ball joints that will work with them. the rest is parts store stuff.
Old 11-16-2006, 08:40 PM
ideal_mustangs
4th Gear Member

I got mine out of the junkyard. Have about 350 total in it. Also, the ball joints from the mustang work with the granada spinldes. You may need to get tie rod ends though.
Old 11-17-2006, 04:54 PM
quinchem
1st Gear Member

what do you think of this?? It seemed good to start but still would need quite a bit. I'm looking at the CSRP granada kit. It seemes very complete. Please let me know your opinion.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...DME:B:AAQ:US:1
Old 11-17-2006, 05:12 PM
THUMPIN455
5th Gear Member

Not bad if the calipers are rebuilt already. Turning the rotors isnt a big deal, even though he makes it out to be. As long as they are trued and still in useable spec, its worthwhile. Rebuilding a caliper takes me about an hour, and a rebuild kit runs between $4 and $20 for different calipers. So if a shop is charging $60+ per hour, you are lookin at around $130 to rebuild the calipers if you cant do it yourself.

maybe I should do a how to on it, since it isnt really that tough as long as the parts are all still good.