Classic Mustangs (Tech) Technical discussions about the Mustangs of yester-year.

Average Entrance Fees at Shows, how much?

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2007, 11:17 AM
khenn

Default Average Entrance Fees at Shows, how much?

I've got a 68 that is just getting finished up and will probably be entering it in some shows next year. What is the average/normal entrance fee at most shows? I have never entered a car in a show before.

Thanks,
Kris
Old 11-06-2007, 02:33 PM
ponyX65
1st Gear Member

Default RE: Average Entrance Fees at Shows, how much?

it all depends on the car show it self i have payed *** little as 3 bucks for local car shows and as much as 80 bucks for the bigger shows. but on average i have noticed its about 40 bucks most of the time and its ususaly cheper if you pre-register.
Old 11-07-2007, 06:52 PM
lucastrex
1st Gear Member

Default RE: Average Entrance Fees at Shows, how much?

In Jersey they range from free to around $50 (big Wildwood Boardwalk national show). Average is $15 though. I used to go to a lot of pay shows, but prefer the free get togethers which we call "Cruises" here. It's like a car show without the trophies and usually you don't go "cruising" - go figure. There are some huge "cruises" with tons of great cars, and I don't care for the competition end of it. If you like hanging with and learning from car guys and checking out rides, I recommend the cruises. If you need competition, do the shows. Some charge minimal fees, but these are usually smaller shows. Some are definitely overpriced. Some are excellent shows with tons of trophies and other attractions such as:
1. Air shows (Paid $25 to enter a show where the US Navy Blue Angels were performing - definitely the best bargain I ever attended...and I got a trophy to boot)
2. Carnivals with rides for kids
3. Chinese auctions (for the women)
4. Benefit for a good cause

Car shows/cruises are a great solo get-away, but they don't have to be...they can be fun for the family too. Just be sure to bring some entertainment along for the kids if it's one of those shows where you're just parked in a parking lot for 6 hours with no other attractions; it can get boring for them at those.