Classic Mustangs (Tech) Technical discussions about the Mustangs of yester-year.

Local Xmas parade - Vintage Mach I

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2007, 11:52 PM
wthalliii
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Local Xmas parade - Vintage Mach I

ORIGINAL: exx1976

ORIGINAL: wthalliii

ORIGINAL: Sprzout

Nothing, not even a broken link pic.

Hmm...I wonder if my work's server is filtering it for some reason...
We're IT and we're here to help! Could be. Our IT group at work won't even let us sent a zip file. We used to send software to customers that way. Now we have to do it by logging into a web site and uploading it. Then the customer has to log in and download it. A big pain for all of us. Here's direct links to the pictures if you're interested enough to go there, LOL:

http://billhall.net/pix/parade1.jpg
http://billhall.net/pix/parade2.jpg
Damn end-users.. You all bitch the same.. ****/moan/****/moan/****/moan..

What none of you realize is that we filter that stuff out on purpose, because WE HATE YOU.. IT LIVES to make your lives miserable.. MU-HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
I KNEW IT! All this time I knew IT was out to get us! Dang bunch of hackers!
Old 12-10-2007, 01:01 AM
Gene K
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Local Xmas parade - Vintage Mach I

ORIGINAL: pascal

ORIGINAL: Orion_240

I think it's a 71. i know you'll only see a chrome front bumper on a 71 but am not positive on the rear bumper.
the horsepower rating for the final years of the classics was embarassingly low. But they had that great fastback look!
The 71 Boss 351 (not the Mach1)was the fastest production mustang made at the time, not by much, but faster than the Boss9 and Shelbys with the 428 SC jet of the late sixties.
Hard to believe but true[8D].

The Cleveland on that car was the 4V head (also on Panteras) with a weird camas opposed to the milder2V head.
I dont know that it was the fastest. The 1968.5 428CJ and 1971 429SCJ (Solid Cam) were certainly in the hunt as well.
It was faster than any 1969 or 1970 though.

The interesting thing is only a well tuned 1968.5 CJ is an overdog against a new S197 GT.
If he is going to be allowed tuning (jets and timing) I certainly should be allowed a Tune as well.
That makes it a pretty close race.

PSPlease note when researching older cars you have to remove 2 mph from trap speeds of the day for comparison.
The NHRA in the 80's moved the speed traps back. Thats because for every 1' a fuel caracceleratates it
needs an additional 3' to stop.