Classic Mustangs (Tech) Technical discussions about the Mustangs of yester-year.

stupid brake question

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2007, 02:44 AM
SalikDDD
3rd Gear Member

Default stupid brake question

alright, i have the granada swap front discs for my 67 from discbrakeswap and it came with a proportioning valve. - where do i put it at and do i just use that? or.. do i use my old combo valve with the proportioning valve? - or should i just get the SSBC combo/proportioning valve. - thanks
Old 12-12-2007, 06:49 AM
67 evil eleanor
5th Gear Member

Default RE: stupid brake question

You will need to use the Granada proportioning valve. Also I would use the Granada master and booster keeping the system the same. Check the pushrod length to make sure its right if your going from manual to power brakes. Also do a safety check and make sure when you pull the brake pedal all the way out, the pushrod don't fall out of the master cylinder (this could be bad if you are driving down the road and get your toe stuck under the brake pedal and have to hit the brakes). Tie rod ends will have to be changed as the taper is different. If you plan to later change the rear drums to disc, then I would go aheadand buy an adjustable valve.
Old 12-12-2007, 09:18 AM
TexasAxMan
4th Gear Member

Ask the time, get told how to build a clock ......

Just use the proportioning valve in place of your old combo valve. Mount it in the same place to keep from having to excessively modify your lines.
Old 12-12-2007, 02:20 PM
SalikDDD
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 67 evil eleanor

You will need to use the Granada proportioning valve. Also I would use the Granada master and booster keeping the system the same. Check the pushrod length to make sure its right if your going from manual to power brakes. Also do a safety check and make sure when you pull the brake pedal all the way out, the pushrod don't fall out of the master cylinder (this could be bad if you are driving down the road and get your toe stuck under the brake pedal and have to hit the brakes). Tie rod ends will have to be changed as the taper is different. If you plan to later change the rear drums to disc, then I would go aheadand buy an adjustable valve.
i already have everything - tie rods, master cylinder - everything i bought the whole setup but it only came with the proportioning valve that's why i was asking if i reused my old one or just the valve itself. :|
Old 12-12-2007, 04:32 PM
67 evil eleanor
5th Gear Member

You need to use the one you bought with the whole setup. The valves are set up for,Disc/Disc, Disc/Drum, Drum/Drum.