Classic Mustangs (Tech) Technical discussions about the Mustangs of yester-year.

DirectFit Brakes conversion?

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2008, 02:05 PM
redstallion
2nd Gear Member

Default DirectFit Brakes conversion?

Is anyone familiar with this brand? I've seen the SSBC and this kit looks similar, but less expensive. I've got 4 wheel non-power drums and i want to put power disc in the front and leave the rear drums for now. Any input welcome.
https://dfbrakes.com/proddetail.asp?...upmustangfront
Old 01-09-2008, 02:29 PM
eep4life
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: DirectFit Brakes conversion?

i bought that same kit for my mustang.. it all went on in about a 3 days for me.. but thats because once i got under there i decided i needed new control arms and shocks. so far the kit looks good but im still installing new brake lines. one thing i can say though is that company is bad on communication, they forgot to put a fitting in with my order and they wont return any email about it. but as far as the kit goes it seems pretty nice. its the brake set up off of a 79 granada, with a universal booster and master cyl.
Old 01-09-2008, 02:31 PM
Adrenolin
5th Gear Member

I asked the same question knowing better.. I think these are the same people I saw selling on eBay. As everyone said to me.. http://www.discbrakeswap.com/. Well known and respected supplier with good parts. Complete front disk brake kit for $545.00.

Great communication here too. I emailed them a question at 3am a few nights ago and had a reply from Dennis by 3:30am with the answer and a phone number to call him directly to order. I hear their support is fast and easy going as well.
Old 01-09-2008, 06:04 PM
degins
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Adrenolin

I asked the same question knowing better.. I think these are the same people I saw selling on eBay. As everyone said to me.. http://www.discbrakeswap.com/. Well known and respected supplier with good parts. Complete front disk brake kit for $545.00.

Great communication here too. I emailed them a question at 3am a few nights ago and had a reply from Dennis by 3:30am with the answer and a phone number to call him directly to order. I hear their support is fast and easy going as well.
Robert,
Direct fit brakes sell front kits out of AZ. They are decent people. Theyare NOT affiliated with CSRP (discbrakeswap) except that they buy some parts from me. I sell a power brake upgrade for my 65-66 kits that works on automatic trans cars.Unlike most other similar kits that use a 10 lb GM type master cylinder,mine uses a Ford spec master cylinder. And yes, I do answer emails late at night. I don't sleep a whole lot.
Dennis
Old 01-09-2008, 08:00 PM
hammerit
1st Gear Member

Does the direct fit system need a new brake pedal as a lot of the other kits offer? Does it require an alignment after installing the new spindals? What size are the rotors? Thanks