Classic Mustangs (Tech) Technical discussions about the Mustangs of yester-year.

Spiffy bolts for engine bay - **PICS**

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2008, 08:23 PM
4reboy
5th Gear Member

Default Spiffy bolts for engine bay - **PICS**

My dad and I went to this monthly auto swap meet just a few blocks away this morning and picked up a couple goodies, mainly went there to browse and get chrome or stainless bolts. Well, we found the bolt guy and my dad pointed out these nice little stainless hex key bolts. I think that nice bolts along the fenders always makes a car stand out more and set it off, so I got them. Well here's some pics of the bolts, I really like the look as apposed to the standard bolts. It is also quite different from anything else I've seen, and it's harder for people to steal my fenders

Don't mind my dirty car or engine bay, it needs a washing (I'm sure some of you think I'm crazy haha). Consider this a teaser thread for my car since I havn't updated in awhile, look for a new thread on tuesday/wednesday!

EDIT: oh yeah I forgot to mention I replaced my hood springs with my original ones (turns out the body shop put on some off year ones that made the hood not stay up), so now my hood opens and closes perfectly, and I don't have to use a PVC pipe to hold it up

-David

Old 03-02-2008, 08:39 PM
67 evil eleanor
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Spiffy bolts for engine bay - **PICS**

They look nice. You made a good choice with the stainless. Never needs nothing. Did he have 5/16 SS Hex with a star washer?
Old 03-02-2008, 08:43 PM
4reboy
5th Gear Member

I believe he did, he had practically everything. I'm sure he has 5/16 because he had 10 different buckets for the hex head, with two different styles. And I remember seeing bolts with star washers but can't recall if they were on the hex ones or not, if not I'm sure he had separate SS star washers.
Old 03-02-2008, 08:49 PM
HGC
4th Gear Member

I think it looks nice. Sometimes its little things that make the day. I fogot how much room there was between the grill and radiator on a 69 and how big the front really is. Take out that engine and family of four could live in there. Hell, in someplaces they probably do. Did they take off your fender bolts when they painted the car or did they just paint over them? It's lookin' good!
Old 03-02-2008, 09:42 PM
4reboy
5th Gear Member

Jim, the fenders were painted on the car, but the bolts were removed and everything else was masked off. When I got the car back it had no bolts there so these are what I put in.
Old 03-02-2008, 10:51 PM
valley firearms
5th Gear Member

Very nice and clean.
[align=left] [/align]
Old 03-02-2008, 11:43 PM
JMD
6th Gear Member

Very nice look!

That is, and is going to be, a great looking car!

I wasn't going to say it but I am... Those little glass fuel filters look cool, but I do not recommend them. In the past I have found the filter media to be too course, it may (probably will) allow crap to get to your needle valve, and theyare prone to leaking...

Sorry to be Mr. negative on such a positive post, but many years ago Ilearned the hard way about those filters.... you don't have too..

If you have another better filter in conjunction with this one never mind!
Old 03-03-2008, 12:20 AM
4reboy
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: JMD

Very nice look!

That is, and is going to be, a great looking car!

I wasn't going to say it but I am... Those little glass fuel filters look cool, but I do not recommend them. In the past I have found the filter media to be too course, it may (probably will) allow crap to get to your needle valve, and they are prone to leaking...

Sorry to be Mr. negative on such a positive post, but many years ago I learned the hard way about those filters.... you don't have too..

If you have another better filter in conjunction with this one never mind!
haha yeah I've heard it before, the only problem I see with them is if the glass breaks, but mine doesn't leak and hopefully wont. And yes I have another filter that catches most of the crap BEFORE the fuel pump, and then have this glass filter after the pump in order to not void the edelbrock warranty as it requires a filter after the pump and before the carb.
Old 03-03-2008, 09:47 PM
4reboy
5th Gear Member

bump for more teasing
Old 03-03-2008, 09:59 PM
john721
2nd Gear Member

+1 on the stainless..... I used them for my valve covers and intake .... (look close!)

http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x...enginedone.jpg