Classic Mustangs (Tech) Technical discussions about the Mustangs of yester-year.

Hi-Po Manifolds

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2009, 07:33 AM
truplayr251

Upgrading to the 66 style mounts will fix your problem. I ran into the same clearance issue you are having with my 65. Its a simple fix and it will take 2 hours at the longest to swap them out. in NDP they are part number 6028-9-1A. You will also need to buy the appropriate mounts to work with these brackets.
Old 04-22-2009, 07:35 AM
tx65coupe
5th Gear Member

Thanks for the advice, but I actually already have 66 style mounts and frame brackets. Thats why I can't believe they don't fit, well the driver side is actually what doesn't fit.
Old 04-22-2009, 12:56 PM
Starfury
6th Gear Member

Ron Morris mounts are plenty strong. I believe M+ uses them in at least one of their race cars.
Old 04-22-2009, 01:52 PM
Deviousfred
3rd Gear Member

Hey Ty, you should just buy my Patriot Shorties. LOL I pretty much gave up on the Header/Clutch Cable issue and decided to go with hydraulic clutch set-up.

What part of Texas are you in?

Last edited by Deviousfred; 04-22-2009 at 01:55 PM.
Old 04-22-2009, 07:16 PM
EZFEED
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by tx65coupe
EZFEED, Thanks for the offer. Man that could be really cool to have one off headers. I am located in central Texas, so its quite a ways away from you.

I'm sure I will be able to figure something out. I may end up trying the Hedmans that Fakesnakes suggested in the JBA Header thread, if that custom exhaust shop that makes headers can't do anything.

https://mustangforums.com/forum/clas...ent-issue.html
Well that sucks you're so far away. I sure would't mind helping you out on this. Before you buy anything though, why dont you ask some local fab shops to see if they can make a set for you. There's nothing to it really and its not that much work. In stainless I can make a set for pretty much anything for about $200 in materials at the most. Given that I'm willing to bet that a custom set might cost you in the neighborhood of $300-$350 or so maybe try that first. Measure the differences in adjustment that you need then take the set you have now to them to use as a pattern and give them the changes you need built in. Doesn't hurt to ask, you may be missing out on a really good deal and then in stainless so you'll get the look that you first wanted.
Old 04-22-2009, 07:29 PM
htwheelz67
3rd Gear Member

get a set of Dougs headers......they will fit perfect
Old 04-23-2009, 02:27 AM
tx65coupe
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Deviousfred
Hey Ty, you should just buy my Patriot Shorties. LOL I pretty much gave up on the Header/Clutch Cable issue and decided to go with hydraulic clutch set-up.

What part of Texas are you in?
I'm near Austin. What part number are the headers that you have? What setup are you planning on running instead?
Old 04-23-2009, 02:29 AM
tx65coupe
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by EZFEED
Well that sucks you're so far away. I sure would't mind helping you out on this. Before you buy anything though, why dont you ask some local fab shops to see if they can make a set for you. There's nothing to it really and its not that much work. In stainless I can make a set for pretty much anything for about $200 in materials at the most. Given that I'm willing to bet that a custom set might cost you in the neighborhood of $300-$350 or so maybe try that first. Measure the differences in adjustment that you need then take the set you have now to them to use as a pattern and give them the changes you need built in. Doesn't hurt to ask, you may be missing out on a really good deal and then in stainless so you'll get the look that you first wanted.
That would be cool if we lived closer. I would like to build a set of headers. I would probably learn a few things.

There is a shop in Austin that I was told will make custom headers. I may go that route if I can't get these to fit well. With all the options it is difficult to decide what to do.
Old 04-23-2009, 03:06 AM
EZFEED
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by tx65coupe
That would be cool if we lived closer. I would like to build a set of headers. I would probably learn a few things.

There is a shop in Austin that I was told will make custom headers. I may go that route if I can't get these to fit well. With all the options it is difficult to decide what to do.
Try a sheetmetal fabrication shop too. Austin has lots of machine shops and fabrication shops that service the oilfield. Your in a great place to find places like this. If they have a tubing bender, welding machine, a saw, and a vertical mill then they can make headers. Just tell them to replicate using the set you have already plus X changes. If those guys your talking about cant/wont do it for a reasonable price then shop around bro