Classic Mustangs (Tech) Technical discussions about the Mustangs of yester-year.

Has anyone used HALLS RESTORATIONS?

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2009, 03:20 PM
rst08tierney
3rd Gear Member

Default Has anyone used HALLS RESTORATIONS?

http://www.hallsresto.com/

Im having some issues with THIS vendor I ordered a $750 Gauge Cluster from.

I started out by asking simple questions that were almost answered instantly before I made my purchase. After I bought the cluster and my payment cleared I have received ZERO email responses and the owner only seems to pick his phone up on Fridays to tell me the tracking number will be sent right over and yes the item has been shipped.

Its almost been one month and no cluster and no shipping conformation. I did get in-touch with him 2 weeks ago saying the original cluster was shipped back to him with a damaged tag from ups and the new one would be shipped out the following day but how can I believe this with no tracking. He offered me a refund then and was very sorry about the delay. I decided to have him send another cluster out instead of taking the refund since he said he would express ship this one. I made it very clear I would take another cluster IF HE SENT OVER THE TRACKING INFORMATION. Of course he said not a problem. Here we are again 2 weeks later.

I know im not asking too much after dropping $750 at this shop, or am I.

Im ready to pull the plug and contact my credit card company on saturday if nothing shows up this week.

The company is legit, I checked them out with the BBB of South Carolina and they sell on Ebay as well. (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1967-...Q5fAccessories)

Any feed back from any members about Halls would be great. If this is normal business from theses guys I guess thats what I get for not checking them out better. They seem to have great products people want for their restorations. I hope it works out in the long run (5 days)

Thanks
Old 04-27-2009, 03:31 PM
nassaubayman
3rd Gear Member

I was looking at a tachometer that guy had on ebay last week. I called about it (on Thursday). Interesting - he returned my call on Friday also. Was that a coincidence?

I looked at his clusters and had questions, but didn't ask him.

I built my own cluster last year and learned about some "gotcha's" along the way. I wonder how he addressed them. He doesn't use the original cluster back plate. So what keeps the screws from going completely through the bezel and into the dash? Also, the lights grounded into the back plate - how does he address this? And there are two screws that attach the bottom of the bezel to the dash. His cluster doesn't appear to use them.

Just a couple things you might want to look into.

The price, however, is really good. It cost me about that much to build my own.
Old 04-27-2009, 05:11 PM
rst08tierney
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by nassaubayman
I was looking at a tachometer that guy had on ebay last week. I called about it (on Thursday). Interesting - he returned my call on Friday also. Was that a coincidence?

I looked at his clusters and had questions, but didn't ask him.

I built my own cluster last year and learned about some "gotcha's" along the way. I wonder how he addressed them. He doesn't use the original cluster back plate. So what keeps the screws from going completely through the bezel and into the dash? Also, the lights grounded into the back plate - how does he address this? And there are two screws that attach the bottom of the bezel to the dash. His cluster doesn't appear to use them.

Just a couple things you might want to look into.

The price, however, is really good. It cost me about that much to build my own.

It really was the price that got me. I added up all the pieces to make my own from mustangs unlimited and worked it out to about the same price but I would need to install and do the wiring. Im sure he copied the design from JME, dont know if you have seen their work. It looks to be almost the same exact back plate as they use.

All in all I really hope he pulls through because I can send some more business his way as long as he sends tracking information!!!

EDIT

I just noticed this in his ebay feed back

1.) Item as described,Shipping very slow(1month)Dosn`t answer all emails

2.) no tracking #

Too bad I bought from the web site. Looks like this is another day in the office for the guy.

Last edited by rst08tierney; 04-27-2009 at 05:18 PM.