Classic Mustangs (Tech) Technical discussions about the Mustangs of yester-year.

351w, wiring, paint, r&p and even a tea pot!

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2009, 01:37 AM
Adrenolin
5th Gear Member

Default 351w, wiring, paint, r&p and even a tea pot!

OK so this was going to post the 351w clearance pics only however I decided to toss in some additional images. Enjoy..

351w block powdercoated purple, Lakewood bellhousing, 4-speed toploader. Excuse the condition of the oil pan for now.

Yes thats less then 1/4" clearance! The hood is simply laying there so when bolted on it'll be about 3/8" higher allowing for the gaskets. Polished Edelbrock RPM heads, intake, carb and cobra air filter.

It fits!

Just barely but... It fits!! Can you guess I had concerns regarding this?

Mmmm.. cant wait to build it. Very very soon!

I just liked this angle..

Nice and straight! 2.5 months of sanding my hands off!

Almost a picture in a picture! Once on the road its going back for a few touch-ups and to have the buffing finished.

Some of the trunk wiring which will have a suspended floor above with 2 access panels for access. Still have some work here. Apms for trunk subs and interior speakers, 1500w/3000w inverter powering 2 plugs in cabin floor console, MSD 6 AL2 Ignition box, CounterAct electric rust protection, 3 x 6-fuse panels (plus the 24 underdash). Back panel has relays for rear window defrost, Battery Brain, automated daytime running lights w/wiper sensors, fuel pump, trunk release, interior lights, etc. Many of these are wired into additional systems such as security and electrical monitoring.

WTF have I started here! Ripped the toploader apart for rebuild and powdercoating. Matching Purple..

Here we have the new Lokar E-Brake with stainless lines on the chassis. Have to drop the front brackets from inside to under the tunnel in order to drop the front a bit to level it out. Here on the tunnel you can also see the inverter and on/off switch wires allowing her to turn it on and off from cabin.

Not sure if I posted this before of not but the new Classic Instrument gauges, Ron Francis headlight switch, Light Ivy Gold vinyl covered lower dash.

Ron Francis express fuse panel mounted under the dash. Still needs to be cleaned up of course. Another relay up there for the 2nd rad fan. Notice the lack of a fesh air vent.

Brake booster & master cylinder.. also powdercoated purple. Brake lines, hydraulic clutch master cylinder w/aluminum reservoir and proportioning valve w/brake switch. PITA corner just so you know.

AJE front setup is now finally installed along with a power R&P.

Brake hard line to flex lines to Wilwood 4-piston calipers, AJE coils, etc. The undercoating you see on everything is SecondSkin Spectrum which was applied over 3 coats of POR-15.

To wrap it up here is a 40 foot tea pot being constructed! Why? "Why not" I was told! Thats my fathers 72 AMC Ambassador SST. I had to jump out and take a pic!

Hope you liked them.. comments and criticism are both welcomed.
Old 07-24-2009, 08:28 AM
kylehamilton79

Looks great. I like all the electrical upgrades. Was that keyless entry remote for the 'Stang too? That's pretty sweet.
Old 07-24-2009, 10:02 AM
Randys66gt
2nd Gear Member

Wow, that was the best sex I've had in a while! Looks orgasmic!!!!!!!!
Old 07-24-2009, 10:49 AM
Starfury
6th Gear Member

Oh god, the purple. My eyes, they burn!

Lookin good, though. I really like that undercoating. The only thing I'm not a fan of is the gauges. The bezel looks good, but the gauges look...Chevy.

And hey, now that I look at it...was that a lime gold car?
Old 07-24-2009, 11:36 AM
Canary94GT
4th Gear Member

I think the purple looks awesome

I love the rear spoiler.

Great work I must say!
Old 07-24-2009, 12:49 PM
JMD
6th Gear Member

Very impressive work, no doubt!

Looks very nice, it is going to make a very impressive car.
Old 07-25-2009, 02:25 AM
Adrenolin
5th Gear Member

kylehamilton79.. Yes keyless entry is a definate upgrade.
Randys66gt.. Glad I could help though a girlfriend or lady of the night might be able to help also.
Starfury.. hehe yeah the purple was specifically the chosen color by the wife. Just got the trany housing and master cylinder back done in the same color. As for the original color it was Frost Turquoise w/Ivy Gold interior.. painted red, black and then black again over that. Wet sandblasting worked great last year to strip it down.
Canary94GT.. I agree and quite happy she picked a different color and didn't want the standard everyday colors. It seemed every purple paint she looked at was too red and then she noticed the in the powder coating show. Walked right up, pointed at the sample bottle and said "Thats the engine color I want!" Shudder.. lol The rear spoiler is a 68 Shelby trunk and side quarter end caps. We made the end caps seemless which has cought a few people's eyes when looking at it.
JMD.. Thanks! 1st time I've done anything like this but being the wife's car this time around I wanted it just so. Much more time and effort into it than anything I'd do for myself for sure.
Old 07-25-2009, 10:26 AM
zmetalmilitia
4th Gear Member

That does look good, thanks for the pics.
Old 08-13-2009, 08:19 PM
jennyfifi

I was registered at your forum. I have printed the test message. Do not delete, please.

gratuit pour mobile sonnerie portable mp3 - Sonnerie portable MP3 est en effet un pouvoir de l'innovation technologique. Êtes-vous familier avec cette sonnerie portable?gratuit pour mobile sonnerie portable mp3
Old 08-14-2009, 06:28 AM
kalli
6th Gear Member

nice very nice. some fab work. the hardline is a bit close to corner in chassis ... i just don't like seeing that (sensitive to it) ;-) I'd really love to come over once it's done just to see how all this coilover and R&P business performs ...