Classic Mustangs (Tech) Technical discussions about the Mustangs of yester-year.

Where to buy suspension parts? + lots of questions

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2009, 04:20 PM
MonsterBilly
4th Gear Member

Look into the suspension kits at Laurel Mountain Mustang. i ordered a ton of my stuff from them and there kits are complete and priced right.

You can get complete kits for, Suspension, sway bars, steering and any other thig you can think of.

I bought there 1inch lowering 620 springs in blue and my 66 sits perfect in front after the UCA drop.
Old 10-23-2009, 05:42 PM
boogerschnot
5th Gear Member

What about the accenctric for the lower control arm?? I have seen the adjustable square plate with holes drilled in it so that it doesnt slip on its own. That may be something to look into.

Im excited to hear what you get because just today my wife agreed that I will be getting new suspension parts!!! I have to wait for the money, but hey, Im getting a bonus next month and then tax returns are coming up!
Old 10-23-2009, 07:41 PM
4reboy
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by boogerschnot
I like mustangs unlimited too, plus over $300 gets you free shipping.

Im so jelous of you. If you can go with a roller upper control arm you should probably do that too. I cant wait to see how it works out, because I need to do it too. So keep a list of parts, and a complaint list with it, so us other 69-70 owners know what to get and how it will work out.

Definately go with at least the 1 inch sway bar. My bar was loose for about a year before I realized it and then tightened it down, and then it drove like a different car. Still crappy and loose but way better than before. I had no idea a sway bar made that much difference.
The roller upper control arm looks nice as well, but I'm really trying to keep a small budget Thats very hard to do with these cars haha. But I'll definitely do a parts list for us 69/70 folks, and the free shipping thing makes me want to order from them more. CJ used to do that but I don't know what happened to it.

And looks like I'll add a sway bar to the list, my bushings are totally destroyed so I'm sure it will be like a completely new car if I get a new, bigger one. Should I go with the 1" or 1 1/8"? Will there be clearance issues?

Oh yeah and I already have the export brace and monte carlo bar, I could tell a huge difference when I just put the bar on there after having the brace on for a few years. I'm excited if the new suspension and sway bar will give me more of this as well...
Old 10-23-2009, 08:22 PM
LynnBob Mustang
5th Gear Member

How are the "Grab a Track" suspension parts that a lot of the Mustang house's have?

Some carry more complete kits then others for less $$$, so you gotta shop around for the most bang for your buck. One place will have a GAT package, but another place will have the same thing plus it will have more additional parts for less, so you have to look around.
They seem like good quality.
Lynn

Last edited by LynnBob Mustang; 10-24-2009 at 05:59 AM.
Old 10-24-2009, 12:56 AM
boogerschnot
5th Gear Member

I was just checking that out. I honestly dont know which sway bar would be better. Im going to ask Dustin and Rich at CPR when I get a chance. But Im sure you will get an answer here.

I seriously want to do this now too. I was just telling the wife that if I order from MU tonight online it would be here by wednesday then i could install next weekend..
Old 10-24-2009, 12:58 AM
boogerschnot
5th Gear Member

I saw the GAT coils for $99 at MU.. ive got the rear 4.5 leafs and like them alot