Classic Mustangs (Tech) Technical discussions about the Mustangs of yester-year.

need help with mustang transformation

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2010, 07:20 PM
shelbyv8

Default need help with mustang transformation

first of all sorry for my english not my native language
Old 01-03-2010, 07:25 PM
2+2GT
6th Gear Member

Sometimes our English is bad, too. What do you need?
Old 01-03-2010, 07:46 PM
shelbyv8

thanks for the reply well im from Ecuador and i really really want a mustang fastback but here is imposible to find one and if you find one they cost like k20000 or more or dont sell it so there are like 6 fastback in the country. i found a 67 coupe shell with some rust and need the roof to be change so i want to buy a fastback roof and QUARTER PANEL and other parts but i hear that not all replica parts works is that trueż
Old 01-03-2010, 08:29 PM
Tony R
4th Gear Member

The repro parts don't usually fit that well. Usually you have to do some massaging to get them to fit. You are talking about converting a car to a fastback so you are going to have a lot of fabrication work ahead of you. Are you planning to pay someone to convert it or are you talking about doing it yourself. Why not keep it a coupe? There have been a few members on here talking about converting to a fastback so hopefully one of them will chime in to tell you what all is involved.
Old 01-03-2010, 08:51 PM
1slow67
ROTM Moderator

If you have the money you could always buy the coupe and then buy this conversion kit.

http://www.mustangsunlimited.com/ite...asp?T1=FC67+01
Old 01-03-2010, 08:52 PM
shelbyv8

Smile

thanks tony for the reply my issue is that the mustang has a lot of rust and several parts need to be change . and i allways wanted a fastback ( in my case it wouldnt be a problem to import the car but in my country i can not do that ) so if i have the chance to import the parts and make my dream come true and also saving one more mustang why not doing it. of course in paying someone to do it but why buying something if it wouldnt fit ż
this is the list of parts that i would use:
1. 67 mustang fastback roof
2. PANEL BEHIND REAR WINDOW
3. INNER WHEELHOUSE pair
4. OUTER WHEELHOUSE
5. 67 fastback trunk
6. FASTBACK INTERIOR QUARTER TRIM PANEL
67-68 RH & LH w/ lamp assembly & housing
QUARTER PANEL ASSEMBLY
7. 67 LH,RH, repro, FB (Complete with quarter vent opening)
8. FASTBACK INTERIOR QUARTER VENT TRIM PANEL
67-68 RH & LH, w/ molding
9. FASTBACK REAR UPPER PANEL BRACE
10. FIREWALL-FULL
11. PANEL BEHIND REAR WINDOW
would this parts will fit the parts are replicasż or can you recomend me a web site that the parts will fit.. i dont now how to put images but i could send you the document with the images thanks.

Last edited by shelbyv8; 01-03-2010 at 09:01 PM.
Old 01-03-2010, 09:06 PM
shelbyv8

Smile

buying the kit separate is more cheaper.. but do you think that with this parts the shell (fastback) would be completeż and what is the diferent in the interior coupe , fastback? thanks
Old 01-04-2010, 10:01 PM
andrewmp6
6th Gear Member

Why not buy one of this http://www.drakecustoms.com/6768cs.html they sell for around 9 grand us.Have it shipped to you and yours your car for parts.The back half of the interior of the fastback is different then a coupe and cost more.
Old 01-04-2010, 10:25 PM
darkngtz
2nd Gear Member

if you bought the kit to transform your coupe into a fastback how much does a shop usual charge to put it together for u?
Old 01-05-2010, 03:49 AM
andrewmp6
6th Gear Member

While back a guy on here let a shop do it to his coupe parts and labor was like 8k total if i remember right.Its a big job takes a lot of hours i have charged people 3 grand to chop the top on few cars and they was happy to pay it.To change a coupe in to a fastback the roof is the easy part finding the fold down seat tabs and getting the back half of the interior is fun.And last i checked the back glass on the fastbacks wasn't being remade.

Quick Reply: need help with mustang transformation