Classic Mustangs (Tech) Technical discussions about the Mustangs of yester-year.

A woman's project: 68 Fastback

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2013, 08:54 AM
NoReins
3rd Gear Member

No, I didn't say anything...I don't post much on other forums - in fact I don't believe I have a log on on that particular one. But I read a lot of stuff on all of them. It is funny to see what some familiar members from this forum have to say on the subject of Eleanor! It kinda makes me chuckle!

Last edited by NoReins; 01-22-2013 at 08:57 AM.
Old 01-22-2013, 05:59 PM
LynnBob Mustang
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by NoReins
It is funny to see what some familiar members from this forum have to say on the subject of Eleanor! It kinda makes me chuckle!
Please don't take mine personal. I'm just not a fan of body kits on these cars and the stock Shelby's are pushing it for me, especially the '68.
Your car all done will be the exception,not the rule, to these car as far as it's build. You've gone the extra 10,000 miles on her, and it shows.
Lynn
Old 01-22-2013, 07:55 PM
jterr

Where is this place in Florida??
What green is that,looks like my 96 F-350 color??
Great looking paint......
Old 01-23-2013, 09:21 AM
Zombiebrew
1st Gear Member

Ok i don't normally chime in but i feel this is a subject where a lot of people hold these black and white stances but there's a lot of grey area. Not all restomods are bad. My 66 coupe is a restomod with changed internals and appearance as well. I think that's the beauty of a coupe. They made millions of them so it's not a huge deal. However, when somebody takes a rare limited production car like....I don't know...say.....A 68 AMX!!!! And they tub out the back put slicks on it and call it a drag car I cry a little. I've also seen somebody plop a 68 amx body down onto a 2003 pontiac so basically you were driving a 2003 pontiac in a 68 AMX shell. People have their rights and can do what they want with their property but I still find it a little sad when people modify things to an extent where they become a bizarre departure from their original vehicle. I would like my kids to be able to see what a 56 chevy engine looks like and know it's not always late model 350 and that 4 on the floor really didn't happen back then. Your fastback is more limited in production than a regular coupe but I think they're still plentiful enough where you’re not jeopardizing the future of the mustang culture and in fact you’re enriching it by doing something highly skilled and truly beautiful.

All that being said I would rather see someone drop in a new fuel injected motor and a 5 speed than let a carcass of a car rot away in a field somewhere. Oh and even worse are the people who have these cars and don’t take care of them. Keep them garaged if you can and do the routine maintenance. If people hadn’t done that before us we wouldn’t have these cars today (I’m 28 and my car is 47). We owe it to tomorrows gearheads to keep things reasonable so there’s something left for them to tool around in and show off.
Old 01-27-2013, 05:35 AM
67 evil eleanor
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by NoReins
No, I didn't say anything...I don't post much on other forums - in fact I don't believe I have a log on on that particular one. But I read a lot of stuff on all of them. It is funny to see what some familiar members from this forum have to say on the subject of Eleanor! It kinda makes me chuckle!
No matter what you build there will always be some that will jump in the flow and offer a immature degrading comment. That's the reason I don't visit this forum much anymore and I see now not much has changed. I think you guys do great work and your cars definitely show it.

And here's a little something for those making these degrading immature comments, it's time to grow up and play in the big boy world, your deliberate negative comments do absolutely nothing to help the hobby, and if there's some reason you can't, go buy yourself a Camaro.
Old 01-27-2013, 06:53 AM
NoReins
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by jterr
Where is this place in Florida??
What green is that,looks like my 96 F-350 color??
Great looking paint......
Port Richey. That green is called Moss Green.
Old 01-27-2013, 07:00 AM
NoReins
3rd Gear Member

Yes I agree with both of you. Thanks for the comments.

Anyway, moving on...we can finally say some color has been sprayed! Not much, but it counts and I thought it was worth an update Finally!

SPI Hot Rod Black on the doors

Name:  556.jpg
Views: 380
Size:  107.8 KB

Name:  557.jpg
Views: 323
Size:  101.8 KB
Old 01-27-2013, 05:43 PM
120mm
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by 67 evil eleanor
It's time to grow up and play in the big boy world, your deliberate negative comments do absolutely nothing to help the hobby, and if there's some reason you can't, go buy yourself a Camaro.
That is the cruelest thing you can say to somebody.

Do you mind if I steal it?
Old 01-27-2013, 05:52 PM
palerider
4th Gear Member

Looks like we are in similiar situations - painters jail. I did all the metal work and took in for fit & finish last may on my 66 vert. Hopefully done soon. BTW I don't pay attention to purest have to say - I've got a 70 Boss Tribute and doing a 66 Vert GT 350 tribute now. I like the way they look, get lots of compliments, and for those 1 or 2 mustang purest that come around and ask if its a real boss - I just smile as say it is now. You've got a great looking car I can tell you guys do quality work. I think the Eleanors done right look great.

Last edited by palerider; 01-27-2013 at 05:56 PM.
Old 01-27-2013, 09:09 PM
chillininnh
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by 67 evil eleanor
No matter what you build there will always be some that will jump in the flow and offer a immature degrading comment. That's the reason I don't visit this forum much anymore and I see now not much has changed. I think you guys do great work and your cars definitely show it.

And here's a little something for those making these degrading immature comments, it's time to grow up and play in the big boy world, your deliberate negative comments do absolutely nothing to help the hobby, and if there's some reason you can't, go buy yourself a Camaro.
+1

Build what you like I say. Car is looking great!

Quick Reply: A woman's project: 68 Fastback