Classic Mustangs (Tech) Technical discussions about the Mustangs of yester-year.

Advice needed on 67 Mustang

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2011, 01:00 AM
eZ
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by hightower2011
Cheater! haha
That's the easy way! And the way to blow up an engine!
Only if you dont know what your doing. Problem is its so easy to install that people just bolt it on and push the button. Those are the idiots that blow up
Old 02-04-2011, 11:34 PM
hightower2011
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by eZ
Only if you dont know what your doing. Problem is its so easy to install that people just bolt it on and push the button. Those are the idiots that blow up
True that. I say it blows up engines because that's what a lot of people do, they just throw it on and think an engine can take the abuse 24/7. Not so....
Old 02-05-2011, 02:00 PM
eZ
5th Gear Member

Most important thing to watch is you have to make sure your have enough feul pressure to the silenoid when it is flowing. If not you get a nitrous lean accurance and then blammo!! Make sure you back your timing down about 1 degree per 50 shot and run a good amount of octane. I run 91 mixed with 100 whenever Im gonna play with some nitrous. I only use a 100 shot though.
Old 02-10-2011, 07:44 AM
Novice-Owner-Marc
2nd Gear Member

So with this measurement, I need 15 x 4.5" rims, right?

I know... total novice question......

Old 02-13-2011, 08:20 PM
Novice-Owner-Marc
2nd Gear Member

1/4 of the roof of doom has been wire wheeled free of rust and spray primed to make sure i don't have to repeat the work.

And.. I am screwed on the wheels.

Here is what one looked like after 40 minutes of 0000 steel wool and some lime away to try to take away what I thought was road crap.....

Turns out upon further and closer inspection

The paint is stripped, chipped (how ever you want to say it) away from the metal. Looks like I am looking for new craggar SS rims... 15"x4.5" unless I am reading the measurement wrong.

Keep you all updated. Thanks in advance for all the comments and support.
Old 02-13-2011, 08:27 PM
hightower2011
4th Gear Member

Lookin good on the roof!
Whatcha gonna do with the rims?
Old 02-13-2011, 08:33 PM
Novice-Owner-Marc
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by hightower2011
Lookin good on the roof!
Whatcha gonna do with the rims?
Closest place that will sandblast them is 2 hours away. Although I am still calling around to different auto body shops asking if they know anyone who could strip them. No luck in the 23 that I have called so far.

I might end up craigslisting them. Then picking up new ones with part of my tax return.

I tried to clean them myself but there is nothing I can do with the paint stripped off.

Got any suggestions?
Old 02-13-2011, 08:51 PM
hightower2011
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Novice-Owner-Marc
Closest place that will sandblast them is 2 hours away. Although I am still calling around to different auto body shops asking if they know anyone who could strip them. No luck in the 23 that I have called so far.

I might end up craigslisting them. Then picking up new ones with part of my tax return.

I tried to clean them myself but there is nothing I can do with the paint stripped off.

Got any suggestions?
Well one thing I noticed is that just the center (spokes) is messed up. Maybe its just that one pic but the rest of the rim seems ok. Maybe you can blast or sand the spokes and inside edges and paint 'em flat black or something. Might kinda give it that Magnum 500 kinda look but on a completely different rim. Or do the whole rim like that! I think it'd look cool and even if you don't want that to be your finished product rim it could be a temporary wheel since you're got tires on 'em.

I was thinkin about doing the same with my original GT rims. Some might say "Oh no don't molest an original GT rim!" Nope, it's rusted to the point where there's no chrome left on all 4 rims, haha! But my issue is that I don't want those rims as my final product, AND unlike yours my rims have crappy tires on them that deflate, so it'd be a waste to paint 'em and put new tires when I don't want 'em as my final product. I'm craigslist hunting for newer rims with tires and I guess I'll throw some spacers on for the meantime and have cheap roller wheels. Then maybe for graduation my old man will get me some new shoes for the stang, I'll probably have to buy whatever rims I want, of course.

And hell, somebody has to have a sandblaster near ya! Maybe a buddy? Heck if I wasn't hundreds of miles away I'd do 'em for ya!

Last edited by hightower2011; 02-13-2011 at 08:53 PM.
Old 02-14-2011, 12:01 AM
eZ
5th Gear Member

The measurement for the bolt pattern is 5x4.5. The wheel diameter is probably 15inches x however wide

Last edited by eZ; 02-14-2011 at 02:25 PM.
Old 02-14-2011, 10:23 AM
Novice-Owner-Marc
2nd Gear Member

So they are 15x(something) rims with a 5x4.5 bolt pattern.

I finnnnnnnnally got it.

Thanks.

Quick Reply: Advice needed on 67 Mustang