Go Back   MustangForums.com > Ford Mustang Tech > Classic Mustangs (Tech)
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Classic Mustangs (Tech) Technical discussions about the Mustangs of yester-year.

Welcome to Mustang Forums!
Welcome to Mustang Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

Old 08-19-2010, 03:12 PM   #1
bulan
1st Gear Member

Vehicle: Mustang Mach 1 1969
Default kickdown adjustment FMX.

Hi!
I am little confused about the kickdown on my Mach 1 1969 with FMX and Edelbrock 600.
I bought a Lokar Kickdown Cable (KD-2FMXHT) but not the Lokar Mounting Bracket for Throttle and Kickdown. I just bolted the kickdown on the original Throttle Cable Bracket on the intake manifold and the end of the wire on the lower part of the throttle arm on the carb as discribed on pictures in the Lokar instructions. I still got 2 questions for you. I really appreciate any help and I hope you will understand most of my Swenglish language.
Thanks! Mats Nilsson, Sweden
1. Do I need the Lokar bracket to get the Kickdown to work properly?? It looks okey and I found a good place for the return spring but some people over here told me I would need the Lokar Bracket too?
2. How do I adjust the Kickdown? Is it full throttle = Full Kickdown? Is the Kickdown lever
activated already in idling or later on?
This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Mustang Forums!
Old 08-19-2010, 03:12 PM
MustangForums
Ford Mustang

Paid Advertisement

Tags
1969, adjust, adjusting, adjustment, arm, bracket, cable, fmx, ford, instructions, kick, kickdown, lever, lokar, mustang