Classic Mustangs (Tech) Technical discussions about the Mustangs of yester-year.

Floor Panels

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2012, 04:10 PM
LynnBob Mustang
5th Gear Member

To add to the 25/75 Argon, once you do that first $100 or so for the first bottle and gas, that is it, you will only have to pay for fill ups after that. I ended up getting the big bottle as I was filling it up a lot.
I got the Hobart 140 welder as well and it came with the regulator, so you shouldn't even have to buy that.
Lynn
Old 05-23-2012, 05:39 PM
bluemustang1966
1st Gear Member

Yeah, mine came with a regulator. I'd rather put the money towards the parts right now though. Thanks for all your help guys. I'll try to get back with pics.
Old 05-23-2012, 06:49 PM
LynnBob Mustang
5th Gear Member

A thing to keep in mind about the flux core is it may give you one hell of a time for paint adhesion failure if it isn't fully cleaned off, that is why it is a big NO NO to do it on the body. You may think you got it cleaned off, but, you won't know until it is too late and then you got problems.

When I had a paint guy come over the 1st thing he did was to make sure I was using MIG gas, if I used flux core he would have walked away on the spot and he would not touch the car because it is a bastard to work with when it is time for paint. My other paint guy I was working with warned me as well.

A BIG thing to think about even though your doing floors, the money spent now to get gas will save you a big heartache for possible paint failure and rustling rust on the floors later. Your going to kick your self in the *** later if you have to tear your car apart because you discovered your new patch work is rusting back out because the paint failed because you thought you had cleaned the flux core 100% but not knowingly did not.

For small jobs around the house, lawn mower, or what not flux core has it's place, do you really want the possible mess later on your car and baby??? Just saying.....

Again something to think about, you've been warned.
Lynn

Last edited by LynnBob Mustang; 05-23-2012 at 07:00 PM.
Old 05-23-2012, 08:20 PM
Couper
2nd Gear Member

[QUOTE=groho;7947664]Try this webpage.
http://www.weldingtipsandtricks.com/index.html QUOTE]

nice link
Old 05-23-2012, 08:24 PM
Couper
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by bluemustang1966
I got a Hobart Handler 140 welder. Found it on sale at Tractor Supply.
how much was the hobart, I see them 499 plus free freight

Last edited by Couper; 05-23-2012 at 08:45 PM.
Old 05-23-2012, 08:33 PM
Couper
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by LynnBob Mustang
A thing to keep in mind about the flux core is it may give you one hell of a time for paint adhesion failure if it isn't fully cleaned off, that is why it is a big NO NO to do it on the body. You may think you got it cleaned off, but, you won't know until it is too late and then you got problems.

When I had a paint guy come over the 1st thing he did was to make sure I was using MIG gas, if I used flux core he would have walked away on the spot and he would not touch the car because it is a bastard to work with when it is time for paint. My other paint guy I was working with warned me as well.

A BIG thing to think about even though your doing floors, the money spent now to get gas will save you a big heartache for possible paint failure and rustling rust on the floors later. Your going to kick your self in the *** later if you have to tear your car apart because you discovered your new patch work is rusting back out because the paint failed because you thought you had cleaned the flux core 100% but not knowingly did not.

For small jobs around the house, lawn mower, or what not flux core has it's place, do you really want the possible mess later on your car and baby??? Just saying.....

Again something to think about, you've been warned.
Lynn
Lynn, what are you trying to say,.....but seriously, he's trying very hard to not sound like a jerk and tell you what to do,......the gas will make your work night and day better, much easier, cleaner, all around just the ticket you're looking for. Try the gas,...you'll never flux again, guaranteed.

keep us updated with you work
Old 05-23-2012, 08:33 PM
LynnBob Mustang
5th Gear Member

I got mine for like $435 + tax on sale almost two years ago at Tractor Supply. Regular price is around $500.
Lynn
Old 05-23-2012, 08:35 PM
LynnBob Mustang
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Couper
Lynn, what are you trying to say,.....but seriously, he's trying very hard to not sound like a jerk and tell you what to do,......the gas will make your work night and day better, much easier, cleaner, all around just the ticket you're looking for. Try the gas,...you'll never flux again, guaranteed.

keep us updated with you work
I have no clue what your talking about, no body is telling me what to do, I'm trying to tell him... I don't think your talking to me, I told him to use gas not flux core.... Reread what I said.... I use gas.....
Lynn

Last edited by LynnBob Mustang; 05-23-2012 at 08:47 PM.
Old 05-23-2012, 08:56 PM
Couper
2nd Gear Member

Note to self,.."improve your sarcasm" Lynn, I was sarcastically joking about you not making it clear what you thought about gas vs flux, there is no comparison.

My kids don't think I'm funny either, I'm pretty sure the cat does though
Old 05-24-2012, 05:15 AM
LynnBob Mustang
5th Gear Member

LOL!!
Funny thing about the computer is it is hard to tell at times if someone is being sarcastic or not.
Lynn

Quick Reply: Floor Panels