Do spark plugs just "go bad"?
Hey guys, been a while but lately ive been working on the mustang and its time to start her up! Unfortunately it seems i had the pertronix coil hooked up back words and fried it, so i got a new one the other day, however im not getting any spark at the sparkplugs (tested by grounding them and cranking) i did however confirm im getting voltage while in the "start" position (12V) and am getting voltage while cranking (very high voltage) but the spark plug refuses to spark.
Now these spark plugs have been sitting outside the engine in my garage for quite a while, pretty much the entire winter in MN, so my question is: would just sitting there combined with the extremely low temperature effectively render these plugs "bad"? or am i overlooking a different problem in my setup.
Note: im using the pertronix II electronic ignition and the PErtronix II flamethrower coil on a 67 289, i tested the spark and voltage directly from the coil, as to eliminate the distributor from the equation.