Classic Mustangs (Tech) Technical discussions about the Mustangs of yester-year.

67 that's been siting for a while.

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2015, 08:26 PM
humpbackshooter
1st Gear Member

I might add, I'm not changing the engine. Will keep the 200 I6

Hump
Old 06-12-2015, 12:17 PM
humpbackshooter
1st Gear Member

O.K. Back to the retainer for the front brakes. Is it possible that the rear backing plate got changed for some reason? If so, ( and someone changed it to a 74-93 plate) is the stud for that model bigger. The reason I ask is because when I looked up the part @ CJ Pony, they show 2 differant retainers. 1 for 65-73.... and ....1 for 74-93. IF thats what happen, then I need to order the one for the 74-93. Will the backing plate work from a 74-93 on my 67? Or did the front end get some kind of a rebuild and this got changed?
Hump.
Old 06-22-2015, 06:26 AM
humpbackshooter
1st Gear Member

Went to the swap meet on top of Petitt Jean mountain.(West of L.R. Ark.) Lots of nice cars and plenty of parts, mud and junk. Did pick up some torque boxes.

Hump.
Old 06-26-2015, 06:35 AM
Bigcee67

Hi Hump!
I am going to be reading through this thread as I have been blessed with a 67 I6 200 to work on as well. Mine will be a bit slower going, but I am glad for this thread as reference.
Old 06-26-2015, 07:12 AM
humpbackshooter
1st Gear Member

Glad to know that there is another thats got the same as me. Seems that alot of folks have the V8's in theirs and the threads go on and on. They have lots of info, but still its about the V8. My next one will be a V8. Is this your 1st one? I've had 2 mustangs before (71 & 74) plus a 67 cougar. What is yours going to be.....driver or a show car? Or a little of both. How long before its ready for the road? Mine is driverable but I need tires. Still have some carb problems and the trany leak comes and goes. Future projects on it is to do a complete retro on it. Down to the frame and back up. Hope to have it ready by the time I retire in bout 6/7 yrs. Then there is a route 66 trip in its future.
As far as this thread goes.....I'll try and up date with pics and info and not try to put my foot in my mouth. Most of all the ?'s you will ask have already been ask. Just have to look through the threads and fine the answers. There is alot of good stuff in this place (pics & reading)
Glad to hear from ya and welcome to the forum.
Where in Mich. are ya?
Hump
Old 06-26-2015, 11:15 PM
Bigcee67

Yep, this will be my first one! I'm thinking just a bit of a weekend driver is what this is going to be. Probably really slow restoration over time, but relatively little to no modding unless something is really broken! I've been told that the car smoked a bit when it ran, which was over 10 years ago....so that could be an issue. But other than that, I'd just like to see it move again!
Old 06-26-2015, 11:16 PM
Bigcee67

Oh, I am located on the west coast around the Holland area.
Old 10-05-2015, 03:05 PM
humpbackshooter
1st Gear Member

O.K. its been a few month since I posted up. Life's been busy around my house and I haven't had the time to spend on the horse. BUT I have been talkin to friends and so bout up dates and so on.

The rear-end.
Want to change out to 5 lug.....got to go with a 8" or what. I will be keeping the I6 in it. (200) So what models mavricks, Ranger pick-ups, Versailles do I look for? Called a local salvage yard and they told me the latest that they go back to is bout 95. So that puts me looking to a ranger rear-end..(last produced in 10...i think) Or is there an another route to take.

Hump
Old 10-06-2015, 10:09 AM
MonsterBilly
4th Gear Member

If you are styling with a 6 cylinder, I would recommend you also stick with the 4lug. I see no reason at all to spend the money or the time swapping it.
You would be better off putting the money into something that makes it drive better.
Old 10-06-2015, 03:18 PM
humpbackshooter
1st Gear Member

M.b....I would stick with the 4 lug but I can't get Cragars' in a 4 lug. My 71 had them on it and I'd like to put them on this one too. I know its over-kill. And I know there is a lot of wheels out there that will fit the 4 lug. Some that will look good on it. Still keep going back to the "SS". I'm kinda old school. See back in the day....there was factory wheels and Cragar and Keystones. Lot of folks just ran chrome rev. or slotted disk if they didn't have the $ to spend. I think a set of them ran about $200 in 74. That's the reason my dad wouldn't spent that kind of money on them. So I had to buy a set of used ones that were ding-up and scratched. (Man that's a while ago) What's a set going for now....700/650? Bet you have been down this road before too. But tks for the info. I do plan on doing the disc swap in the front. So if I can get a 8", disc on the back should be not problem. I pick up a extra torque box but may just sell it on Craig's list. (I'm sure that 6 needs 2 torque boxes. LOL
Also.......the wife likes em too.
Hump.

Quick Reply: 67 that's been siting for a while.