Detailing Discuss detailing and the appearance of your ride inside and out here.

SON1C Blue Full Paint Correction Picture Heavy :D 50+ Hours Invested

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2013, 10:46 AM
99GTvert
is my username.

Looks great.
Old 05-31-2013, 09:43 PM
72MachOne99GT
2010 Blue Ball Award Recipient

Late bump...

holy hell..... looks sick!

And this is why I hate detailing, much like power, there is always someone out there with more, better, and it just makes me want to say why.
Old 06-01-2013, 07:27 PM
mith
1st Gear Member

Before you hate me, this first comment is going to sound a bit insulting. I really haven't seen an older Mustang that I liked. NOW... let me continue! YOUR mustang on the other hand, is absolutely gorgeous!

Firstly, I'm bias to the color (my 2013 has the same color). There's nothing about your mustang that I don't like from top to bottom. Those rims totally compliment your mustang's color!

As for the job you did detailing it... OMG... you have really mastered the process (which I'm in the infancy of learning). I have to give you cudos sir... what a nice looking beast!

Your pictures were awesome and how you related via pictures, the process you went through.

Thanks so much for showing us your great looking beast! Great post!
Old 06-12-2013, 11:50 AM
SON1C
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Matt's 95 Stang
Amazing work. Want to come down to South Cal and detail my wifes '12 Focus? Shes doenst take care of it like it should be haha.

Matthew
haha if I wasn't on the east coast then yes! if desired I could refer you to a local detailer that does great work
Old 06-12-2013, 11:57 AM
SON1C
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by 99GTvert
Looks great.
thanks
Originally Posted by 72MachOne99GT
Late bump...

holy hell..... looks sick!

And this is why I hate detailing, much like power, there is always someone out there with more, better, and it just makes me want to say why.
haha thanks man
Do you have any links to your work? what products do you use etc?
Originally Posted by mith
Before you hate me, this first comment is going to sound a bit insulting. I really haven't seen an older Mustang that I liked. NOW... let me continue! YOUR mustang on the other hand, is absolutely gorgeous!

Firstly, I'm bias to the color (my 2013 has the same color). There's nothing about your mustang that I don't like from top to bottom. Those rims totally compliment your mustang's color!

As for the job you did detailing it... OMG... you have really mastered the process (which I'm in the infancy of learning). I have to give you cudos sir... what a nice looking beast!

Your pictures were awesome and how you related via pictures, the process you went through.

Thanks so much for showing us your great looking beast! Great post!
Thanks mith I appreciate all of that! A lot of time effort and money has gone into this!
If you're interested in a little background on my wheels..http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/...-30-hours.html
Are you sure yours is sonic blue? aren't the 2013s deep impact blue which imo is an updated sonic blue!

Thank you, any detailing questions never hesitate to ask -Not saying I know everything but I know a great deal and would be glad to assist you as when I was learning the processes most brushed me off, ignored me, told me to just take it to someone, now people bring their vehicles to me, never let anyone get in the way of you and your dreams!
Old 06-13-2013, 09:13 AM
mith
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by SON1C
thanks
Thanks mith I appreciate all of that! A lot of time effort and money has gone into this!
If you're interested in a little background on my wheels..http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/...-30-hours.html
Are you sure yours is sonic blue? aren't the 2013s deep impact blue which imo is an updated sonic blue!

Thank you, any detailing questions never hesitate to ask -Not saying I know everything but I know a great deal and would be glad to assist you as when I was learning the processes most brushed me off, ignored me, told me to just take it to someone, now people bring their vehicles to me, never let anyone get in the way of you and your dreams!
Hi Sonic! In the world of detailing, I'm two years old. I have SO much to learn! (which is why I'm here). I'm learning more and more every time I come. You may not know, "everything".. however, you certainly know a LOT! So I have NO hesitations asking you for advice what-so-ever!

Firstly, I've come to the conclusion that I'm going to have to start buying stuff online. Reason being, I can't find the stuff that some have recommended in my local stores (such as Maguire's 105 and 205). I recently bought Maguire's 2.0 which says it removes swirls. It has in fact, removed, significantly, a lot of the swirls. But, they're not 100% gone (be it because the product won't do as it says, or I'm not applying it correctly).

At this point, I'd like to stick with Maguire's products, though I'm open minded and would use anything that this forum suggests. If anyone thinks I'm not serious about keeping my girl in perfect condition, I even spent about $450 on a water deionizer (spotless) so that when I wash my car, I can just let it air-dry with no water spots (though I NEVER just let it dry, I blow dry it with a leaf blower).

At this point, I can't do anymore buffing because I feel my pads are too worn to continue with them. They're deteriorating and dirty. So I'll need to buy more online (maybe at a better price than the ones I bought at the local store). Eventually, I hope to get the same results that you have! I have nothing but time (even though I work... but not wife or kids to deal with...LOL).

Be prepared for a lot of questions in the future. If you feel that Maguire products are inferior to the products that you're using, please let me know and I'll but what ever it is that you're using.

Thanks in advance for any advice you're willing to give me. Based on the pictures that you posted, you OBVIOUSLY know what you're doing!

PS... you're absolutely right, my 2013 is, "Deep impact blue". I thought that was the color, but I had to go to Ford's website to confirm that. They might be different, but your color, to me, looks like my color.

Last edited by mith; 06-13-2013 at 09:19 AM.
Old 06-13-2013, 01:55 PM
SON1C
3rd Gear Member

Hi Sonic! In the world of detailing, I'm two years old. I have SO much to learn! (which is why I'm here). I'm learning more and more every time I come. You may not know, "everything".. however, you certainly know a LOT! So I have NO hesitations asking you for advice what-so-ever!

Firstly, I've come to the conclusion that I'm going to have to start buying stuff online. Reason being, I can't find the stuff that some have recommended in my local stores (such as Maguire's 105 and 205). I recently bought Maguire's 2.0 which says it removes swirls. It has in fact, removed, significantly, a lot of the swirls. But, they're not 100% gone (be it because the product won't do as it says, or I'm not applying it correctly).

At this point, I'd like to stick with Maguire's products, though I'm open minded and would use anything that this forum suggests. If anyone thinks I'm not serious about keeping my girl in perfect condition, I even spent about $450 on a water deionizer (spotless) so that when I wash my car, I can just let it air-dry with no water spots (though I NEVER just let it dry, I blow dry it with a leaf blower).

At this point, I can't do anymore buffing because I feel my pads are too worn to continue with them. They're deteriorating and dirty. So I'll need to buy more online (maybe at a better price than the ones I bought at the local store). Eventually, I hope to get the same results that you have! I have nothing but time (even though I work... but not wife or kids to deal with...LOL).

Be prepared for a lot of questions in the future. If you feel that Maguire products are inferior to the products that you're using, please let me know and I'll but what ever it is that you're using.

Thanks in advance for any advice you're willing to give me. Based on the pictures that you posted, you OBVIOUSLY know what you're doing!

PS... you're absolutely right, my 2013 is, "Deep impact blue". I thought that was the color, but I had to go to Ford's website to confirm that. They might be different, but your color, to me, looks like my color.
haha there always is more to learn!
meg's is the staple in the detailing industry, standard setter to say, they only produce quality products (essentially) they are typically good values. However some other products imo can perform better, be more cost effective, more suited to your needs and tastes, there is no one set product for anything.

a top notch online detailing retailer is autogeek and they are a vendor for MF, I'm sure we have a forums discount code as well, they are a great place to start and their buy one get one frees can have great deals

for buffing pads I'd recommend buff n shine flat pads
lake country hydro techs are good as well however not as durable (yet can typically finish a bit better)

never hesitate to ask
Old 06-15-2013, 05:05 AM
mith
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by SON1C
haha there always is more to learn!
meg's is the staple in the detailing industry, standard setter to say, they only produce quality products (essentially) they are typically good values. However some other products imo can perform better, be more cost effective, more suited to your needs and tastes, there is no one set product for anything.

a top notch online detailing retailer is autogeek and they are a vendor for MF, I'm sure we have a forums discount code as well, they are a great place to start and their buy one get one frees can have great deals

for buffing pads I'd recommend buff n shine flat pads
lake country hydro techs are good as well however not as durable (yet can typically finish a bit better)

never hesitate to ask
Hi Sonic! First, thanks for taking time to reply to my inquiries!

Although I'm getting pretty good results (for a noobie), but I want to continue to look into other products. Example, the pads I have now are from 3D. Although like I said, they're giving me excellent results, I feel there are other products (as you said) that will give me even better results. Example, my pads have little bumps on them which effectively means, there's less surface area making contact with the paint. I noted that there was another buffing pad that had hexagonal shapes, but were flat... hence, giving MORE surface area making contact with the paint. I have never seen them sold in any of the local stores (Pepboys/AutoZone) etc. So I suspect I'll have to buy them online. I hate buying stuff online because I live in an area where on several occasions, my mail has been stolen (LOL).

But I'll eventually get over that obstacle..,. hehe
Old 06-15-2013, 08:07 AM
SON1C
3rd Gear Member

Hi Sonic! First, thanks for taking time to reply to my inquiries!

Although I'm getting pretty good results (for a noobie), but I want to continue to look into other products. Example, the pads I have now are from 3D. Although like I said, they're giving me excellent results, I feel there are other products (as you said) that will give me even better results. Example, my pads have little bumps on them which effectively means, there's less surface area making contact with the paint. I noted that there was another buffing pad that had hexagonal shapes, but were flat... hence, giving MORE surface area making contact with the paint. I have never seen them sold in any of the local stores (Pepboys/AutoZone) etc. So I suspect I'll have to buy them online. I hate buying stuff online because I live in an area where on several occasions, my mail has been stolen (LOL).

But I'll eventually get over that obstacle..,. hehe
my pleasure bud
exactly my logic is more surface area, more correction
hence why I only recommend and use flat pads, ex. buff n shine flat pads and lake country hydro techs
Ordering online is the only real option for high quality detail supplies typically, granted it says you live in cali, chemical guys has several locations in california, find greg/handz and tell him you know me / you have a mustang, he'll get you squared away!