Go Back   MustangForums.com > Ford Mustang Tech > Detailing
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Detailing Discuss detailing and the appearance of your ride inside and out here.

Welcome to Mustang Forums!
Welcome to Mustang Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

Old 09-28-2013, 07:50 AM   #21
audioAl
3rd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2012 Candy 3.7

So the sealant will be better to help maintain between washes, thanks for the thread and reply,Alan
This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Mustang Forums!
adj. panhard bar,BMR lca's, Whiteline brackets,Stack Racing rear springs,18x9" Razor rims/255/40/18'sGT Radials/ Tuned by Motorvationefi
2014 DIB 3.7 Airaid tube, Yokohama S-drive 275/40/18 on Shelby razors/Boss tower brace/BMR lca's
audioAl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 10:13 AM   #22
Matt's 95 Stang
Resident Ginger

Vehicle: 2011 3.7 Premium

It does look great. I waxed my car two weeks ago and that was a killer by hand. I cant imagine the effort it took to do all you did.

Matthew

2011 Coupe - 3.7 Premium - BAMA tune, AirRaid CAI, GT500 spoiler, staggered AMR 20's, BMR PHB & LCAs. Eibach springs, and sways, Raxiom Navi, Roush axlebacks, BBK headers
Matt's 95 Stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 04:10 PM   #23
Suicide Bobb
1st Gear Member

Vehicle: 2006 Mustang GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioAl View Post
So the sealant will be better to help maintain between washes, thanks for the thread and reply,Alan
I prefer sealant over wax, for a couple reasons. You can think of sealant as a replacement for synthetic wax. It provides the same depth and protection that you get from synthetic wax, but it lasts longer and is much easier to apply. All you do is spritz the applicator pad twice in the beginning, lightly run it over a few panels, then spritz one or two more times total to finish the car. After the whole car is covered, you just let it dry off and then wipe off any excess. Couldn't be simpler.
Suicide Bobb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 04:13 PM   #24
Suicide Bobb
1st Gear Member

And all waxes and sealants will definitely make it easier to maintain between washes because they are hydrophobic coatings, meaning they repel water. Even when people live in places where their car will get dirty constantly (gravel roads or places like that), I still suggest they detail their car because it makes it much easier to clean, and it stays clean looking for longer then before.
Old 09-28-2013, 04:17 PM   #25
Suicide Bobb
1st Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt's 95 Stang View Post
It does look great. I waxed my car two weeks ago and that was a killer by hand. I cant imagine the effort it took to do all you did.

Matthew
Yeah, it was definitely a lot of work, I think it was well worth it though. I just wish I could afford a new hood, because I'm not going to waste time doing paint touch-up on my current hood if I'm just going to replace it later...
Old 09-28-2013, 07:44 PM   #26
Suicide Bobb
1st Gear Member

Not a Mustang, but here's another car I just finished detailing. A total of 15 hours spent, about half of that time spent reducing scratches with compound. She was pretty neglected, with more scratches then I could count and bad dirt contamination from the gravel road and road construction it is driven through everyday. No fine polish for this one (except on the hood so she could decide if she wanted the rest fine polished or not), just a lot of clay, compound, and a couple stages of sealant. Audi really has some great paint though, and this one was no exception. The dark blue is sexy!

Oh, and ignore the dirty wheels/tires in the "after" pics

BEFORE:

AFTER:

BEFORE:

AFTER:

BEFORE:

AFTER:
Old 09-28-2013, 07:44 PM
MustangForums
Ford Mustang

Paid Advertisement