General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

World class t-5

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2009, 08:11 PM
Albritton

Default World class t-5

Are the world class t-5 transmissions any good??? Reason I ask is because I have a chance to get on and a 327 rear gear in a trading deal with a guy and Im just wondering if they are worth a dern
Old 04-30-2009, 03:41 AM
domindart
3rd Gear Member

I dont have much experience, but I have a mustang, had it since I was 18. the car ran perfect. not a peep from the car, I ran 125 nos on it. didnt kill the car but wasnt babying it on the weekends w my friends!

after some years It started making a clanking sound , or sounded like it was from the tranny. someone said it was a broken gear in the trans , so I had the tranny rebuilt.

finally get it back in the car, now the clanking is still there. I dont know if its IN the tranny or what. the tranny runs good right now. but thats that, well see what hapens with this.

theres my little story , lol
Old 04-30-2009, 12:12 PM
945LSTANG
6th Gear Member

what are the mods on the car? i believe they are rated somewhere between 350 and 400 lb/ft. someone correct me if im wrong.

how many miles are on the t5 the guy is giving you? the 3.27s arent worth jack, so i wouldnt worry about those too much.
Old 04-30-2009, 01:52 PM
mudvayne1
3rd Gear Member

If the T-5 is in good condition it will withstand abuse if your car has a few bolt ons. Serious power will destroy it though.

The gears aren't really worth it. They are probably the stock gears that he took out when he put bigger ones in.
Old 04-30-2009, 04:24 PM
Jfsram
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Albritton
Are the world class t-5 transmissions any good???
Any good for what?

For a dedicated track car. Nope. Use it if it's in there until it blows then get a Tremec TKO

Good for a bolt on or driver type Mustang, for sure. When a daily driver wrecks it's transmission they will pay anywhere from $300-$500 for a good used piece.
Old 04-30-2009, 04:34 PM
Albritton

the car is a everyday driver with a few bolt ons,bored to a 306 with shaved heads but nothing major at all..Prolly a low 14sec maybe a high 13 sec car..My car has a 3.08 rear gear in it now and the gears that Im suppose to be getting from this guy are brand new still in the ford motorsports box..Im just gonna use them for spares if something happens to mine..I was gonna do the same on the transmission..Im not sure on the milage of the transmission tho..He isnt sure either..He is a good friend of mine so If he actually knew then he would tell me..I do know that he has never used the trans. He got it used also and the guy that he got it from wants it back so it must be in good working condition..You guys know more about this than I do..I know yall will help me out
Old 04-30-2009, 04:58 PM
945LSTANG
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Albritton
the car is a everyday driver with a few bolt ons,bored to a 306 with shaved heads but nothing major at all..Prolly a low 14sec maybe a high 13 sec car..My car has a 3.08 rear gear in it now and the gears that Im suppose to be getting from this guy are brand new still in the ford motorsports box..Im just gonna use them for spares if something happens to mine..I was gonna do the same on the transmission..Im not sure on the milage of the transmission tho..He isnt sure either..He is a good friend of mine so If he actually knew then he would tell me..I do know that he has never used the trans. He got it used also and the guy that he got it from wants it back so it must be in good working condition..You guys know more about this than I do..I know yall will help me out
well if he's your buddy and he's not charging too much, i would ****** it up.