General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

1999 SVT Cobra Radio Help!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2011, 11:16 AM
Mark Cuccaro

Default 1999 SVT Cobra Radio Help!!!

Hello everyone,

When I first picked up this car if I tried to use the seek button to go right it never worked. A few months later I tore the engine out to do headers on the car and when I put it back together the radio decided it doesn't want to work at all. The only thing I can do is change the Clock. If I hit power or try to turn up the radio nothing happens. Also the cd is stuck in the CD player the eject button does not do a thing. Do you think the radio might be dead all together or that when I took it apart maybe one of the ground wires didnt get put back properly. Any suggestions would be great.
Old 05-07-2011, 05:24 AM
wizwrath

most people just replace it with a aftermarket radio by now, unless you want to keep it due to it being the original or sentimental value or something, I think you would want to take it to a radio repair shop, keep in mind, by the time you pay to fix it, you could get a aftermarket one that sounds better, more features, etc.
Old 05-14-2011, 06:36 PM
ttocs
6th Gear Member

that is strange but it sounds like it took a crap. You could try disconnecting power to it to see if it resets itself or something but idunno. If you have the clock on it should mean it has power but go and check all yer fuses anyway just to be safe. You might have just blown the 12v constant and that is not allowin it to power up, just lighting up the clock. Is ther any other electrical problems like the dome light or cig lighter not working now?

Also you wil probably get a faster responce in the stereo section on here.
Old 05-24-2011, 03:15 PM
Mark Cuccaro

Update-

About a week ago I tried to mess around with it still didn't get it to work. I tired to make a custom ground to see if that was the problem that also did nothing at all. The weird part is the radio and the cd player are two separate things and neither of them want to do anything at all. I have a cd in there still and cannot eject it. Like previously stated the only thing I get is a Clock on the radio part that I can change the time on. I did go over the fuses everything seems to work. Does anyone have a the wiring diagram for the 1999 SVT Mustang Cobra. I looked at a few online and they seemed to be different then what I was seeing behind the radio. Also someone suggested it might be the Power AMP. I am not certain this car has one included but if it does, does anyone have an idea where it may be located. Still open for any other suggestions.

PS- If it happens to be the radio does anyone have suggestions for another radio to purchase or does anyone have the Stock radio and working cd player highly interested.

Thanks,
Mark