Go Back   MustangForums.com > Ford Mustang Tech > General Tech
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.
Sponsored by NewTakeOff

Welcome to Mustang Forums!
Welcome to Mustang Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

Old 11-09-2011, 09:31 AM   #1
emttrevor
1st Gear Member

Vehicle: 67 ford mustang
Default HEAD ISSUES

SOME WOULD SAY WHY CHANGE SOMETHING OUT WHEN ITS WORKING WELL....I HAVE A 347 STROKER MOTOR CURRENTLY IT HAS WORLD WINDSOR JR HEADS ON IT A 547 LIFT CAM , I FEEL LIKE THE MOTOR IS NOT AT ITS FULL POTENTIAL WITH THESE HEADS THEYR ONLY 180CC. I WAS THINKING OF GOING TO RHS 200CC HEADS WILL THIS MAKE ENOUGH OF A DIFFERENCE TO WARRANT THE MONEY SPENT?

ITS ON A 67 MUSTANG 355 POSI, BUILT C4, 2500 STALL, INTAKE IS A WORLD RPM TYPE BY LOOKS AND CURRENTLY 770 STREET AVENGER CARB...
ANY IDEAS APPRECIATED, ID SAY IM PUSHING AROUND 400 TO 420HP CURRENTLY WOULD LIKE TO SEE A 50HP GAIN IF POSS BY CHANGING HEADS AND INTAKE....MAYBE IM DREAMING
This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Mustang Forums!
Old 11-09-2011, 10:38 AM   #2
MustangFTW

I suggest not typing in caps, it's incredibly annoying.
Old 11-09-2011, 06:03 PM   #3
emttrevor
1st Gear Member

WOW Thanks for the input. My deepest appologies for annoying you, I'll try and do better next time. Oh by the way can you maybe offer some assistance to my question....
Old 11-10-2011, 12:49 PM   #4
Fasano Motorsports

Vehicle: '89 Saleen Convertible

I've been porting heads and building engines for more than 25yrs. but have been doing NASCAR exclusively for the last 15-20yrs. I did a little research on those heads you listed. I would say that the heads you have are a little small and the RHS head would help but you won't see a 50HP gain, more than likely not anywhere near that. Even with a fully ported set of heads you would be lucky to see a 30HP gain.
Check out the Coyote 5.0 thread I picked those up about 30CFM and were hoping we see a 20HP gain.
Just my .02 cents.

Jim
Old 11-10-2011, 05:03 PM   #5
emttrevor
1st Gear Member

thanks for the reply i'll check that out.. i dont know that 30hp is enough to warrant the expense .. thanks again i really appreciate the input u probably just saved me about $1500
Old 11-10-2011, 05:03 PM
MustangForums
Ford Mustang

Paid Advertisement

Tags
347, 770, avenger, head, heads, holley, jr, mustang, problems, rhs, street, stroker, turbo, windsor, world