built help - MustangForums.com


5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

Reply
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-13-2015, 08:22 PM   #1  
EASTIDEE123
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: FL
Posts: 16
Smile built help

Hey guys I wanted to ask some question about my swap . I have never built a motor and very excited to put this one together with the guidance of friends and family. I have recently purchased a 347 stroker with heads , cams everything to get the motor running . The head are comp heads I know they are not the best , but dont want to invest in this swap any more money . My question are the following what kind of injector should I run ?what kind of hp im looing at ?and with this set up is it necessary to purchased a canton deep oil pan . I ask because the car that the motor is going into is a bmw and is lowered to the ground .I will post motor spec .

comp cam valve lift @ .579 valave timing open @ .006 duration @ .050 236 lobe lift .3620 lobe separation 114.0
comp head 210cc heads were sent and rebuilt with non magnetic stainless steal valve (2.02 intake 1.60 exhaust double spring with dampers )
rotating assembly from eagle cast steal crank , Sir I beams and speed pro flat top forged piston with coated skirts .

Thanks guys .
EASTIDEE123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2015, 08:47 PM   #2  
67LimeCoupe
1st Gear Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: MN
Posts: 96
Default built help

Quote:
Originally Posted by EASTIDEE123
Hey guys I wanted to ask some question about my swap . I have never built a motor and very excited to put this one together with the guidance of friends and family. I have recently purchased a 347 stroker with heads , cams everything to get the motor running . The head are comp heads I know they are not the best , but dont want to invest in this swap any more money . My question are the following what kind of injector should I run ?what kind of hp im looing at ?and with this set up is it necessary to purchased a canton deep oil pan . I ask because the car that the motor is going into is a bmw and is lowered to the ground .I will post motor spec .

comp cam valve lift @ .579 valave timing open @ .006 duration @ .050 236 lobe lift .3620 lobe separation 114.0
comp head 210cc heads were sent and rebuilt with non magnetic stainless steal valve (2.02 intake 1.60 exhaust double spring with dampers )
rotating assembly from eagle cast steal crank , Sir I beams and speed pro flat top forged piston with coated skirts .

Thanks guys .
What kind of BMW?
67LimeCoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2015, 09:06 PM   #3  
mjr46
D.R. THE PATHETIC DORK
 
mjr46's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: West Virginia
Posts: 30,808
Default

where to start with that mess of a combo...................???
mjr46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2015, 09:50 PM   #4  
EASTIDEE123
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: FL
Posts: 16
Default

its a e46 323i
EASTIDEE123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 07:34 AM   #5  
88 orangepeel notch
6th Gear Member
 
88 orangepeel notch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 5,062
Default

We're going to need a complete list of all engine components to give a accurate "guess" on power. Intake, exhaust, etc, etc.

But for now, anywhere from 250 - 450 at the crank.
88 orangepeel notch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 08:56 AM   #6  
EASTIDEE123
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: FL
Posts: 16
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 88 orangepeel notch View Post
We're going to need a complete list of all engine components to give a accurate "guess" on power. Intake, exhaust, etc, etc.

But for now, anywhere from 250 - 450 at the crank.
I haven't bought the intake yet I was thinking about getting a holly systematic 2 .
EASTIDEE123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 09:02 AM   #7  
88 orangepeel notch
6th Gear Member
 
88 orangepeel notch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 5,062
Default

OK, with the Holley, my guess goes up to 300 - 450 lol. It's a good intake with a solid reputation.
88 orangepeel notch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 09:04 AM   #8  
EASTIDEE123
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: FL
Posts: 16
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 88 orangepeel notch View Post
We're going to need a complete list of all engine components to give a accurate "guess" on power. Intake, exhaust, etc, etc.

But for now, anywhere from 250 - 450 at the crank.
I haven't bought the intake yet I was thinking about getting a holly systematic 2 .
EASTIDEE123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 09:45 AM   #9  
EASTIDEE123
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: FL
Posts: 16
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 88 orangepeel notch View Post
OK, with the Holley, my guess goes up to 300 - 450 lol. It's a good intake with a solid reputation.
Thanks for the info buddy . Would I need to purchase a deep canton oil pan ? It is something that is a must ? And I forgot to mention I also have a high energy roller rockers 1.6
EASTIDEE123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 10:32 AM   #10  
67LimeCoupe
1st Gear Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: MN
Posts: 96
Default built help

Quote:
Originally Posted by EASTIDEE123
Thanks for the info buddy . Would I need to purchase a deep canton oil pan ? It is something that is a must ? And I forgot to mention I also have a high energy roller rockers 1.6
What will this car be used for?
67LimeCoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Airlift Airride digital complete kit Lethaldosage423 Parts For Sale 1 10-19-2015 12:12 AM
iphone/ipod interface to factory hu lincolnshibuya V6 (1994-2004) Mustangs 1 10-06-2015 08:45 AM
New member here 1Bad71 New Member Area 5 09-30-2015 07:37 PM
cost to rebuild heads Drastang 4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang 2 09-30-2015 03:48 AM
Finally drove 2015 Automatic w/ Ford Racing Handling Package, very nice. mungodrums The New S550 2015-2019 Mustang 7 09-29-2015 09:18 PM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Forum Jump

Advertising
Featured Sponsors
Vendor Directory

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:26 AM.


© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.