General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

p0442 small evap leak. cant get my car inspected HELP!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2012, 08:02 PM
Blood
2nd Gear Member

Can someone delete this thread. Before I kill this *** hole.
Old 05-27-2012, 09:26 PM
dklistul

Originally Posted by Blood
First of all your a ****in idiot, coming in here like the damn sheriff of the forum. You obviously know nothing about this forum since 90% of the cars on this forum are running without cats. And all those nice sounded mustangs you hear runnin round you think they have cats? no. You need to learn who youre talking to before you start running your suck. You might be an old bag, who know something about cars, but you dont know anything apparently about some common damn sense.

I have friends who pass my car for me, but they can only bypass one option which is my cats since the car is throwing p0442 code it had to be fixed.

Second of all: I am getting a inspection sticker for the sole reason that I can get my DoD sticker on Marine Corps base I am stationed on. I dont ever have to get an inspection on my cara gain affter I get this one more time. I have never had a problem getting the sticker before. But now I have this problem. Thanks and just leave.

And hope the rest of the people respect you for telling them also that you think they should all be busted for running no cat converters.
Originally Posted by Blood
Can someone delete this thread. Before I kill this *** hole.
Actually, rather than a sheriff, I feel like a dentist who ran out of Novocaine.

I didn't say EVERYBODY should be busted.

Just you.

Look. I started out being friendly and trying to be helpful; you didn't want to hear it. So I told you my opinion, and you don't like that either. Was what I wrote really so bad that you need to resort to name-calling and threaten my life? That's not the sort of reaction I'd get from the many Marines I know.

I still don't think they can fail you for a code that's not active. Perhaps a real diagnostic tool, rather than a hop-up programmer, is the tool you need to really and truly reset the code.

But you just might have to man-up, spend the $$ to get the system leak-checked with smoke, fix the hose(s) and be done with it. Then, if your friend can legally bypass 1 item (the missing cats), you're golden.

You have nice day, now.

:-)

Over to you.
Old 05-27-2012, 11:19 PM
craig71springsport
2nd Gear Member

Everyone needs to chill the f**k out. Seriously.

If you want the fast route then you better shell out the money. Smoke test and have them just fix it.

If you want to do the cheap way, you better be ready to spend some time. Money and time are currencies that automotive maintenance run on. You MUST spend one or the other. More money = less time, less money = more time.

dklistul was just trying to help you out is all, which is what everyone on here is trying to do for everyone else. You have the concrete facts about your problem, now it's your turn to make a decision.