General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

My Dilemma..

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2013, 06:00 PM
SassyCorey

Default My Dilemma..

My Charger Dilemma..
Hey guys, new to the forum but have browsed the forum a few times.

Here's the deal. I have a 2006 Dodge Charger r/t with 87k Miles. Only performance upgrades are an intake and exhaust. I bought the car a few months ago off a guy on Craigslist for a great deal. The car is in mint condition, and I jumped on the chance and bought it. Now originally I wanted a manual car, but was okay with automatic. (I learned how to drive manual about a month ago) And I also originally wanted a black car. Now it does have tinted windows, which added a certain feel to it along with the exhaust that I love it.

Now here's my dilemma. I recently have been looking into around 2007 Mustang Premium GT's that are black and manual and love them as well. I test drove some and they are really fun to drive.

I posted this to a Charger forum as well. Looking to see what each side has to say.

Would love feedback, thanks!
Old 08-21-2013, 09:06 PM
TheYeti
2nd Gear Member

Actually it depends on your situation. The 2 are totally different cars.

If you need a family car, it would obviously be good to stick with the charger or if you have a lot of traffic to deal with and hate the stop and go of a manual.

Other than that I would get the mustang but this is of course coming from a mustang forum. I loved my 08 GT and kick myself hourly about getting rid of it....even when I got my 5.0.

Right now I do have a Jetta GLI that I drive occasionally but its torture for me not to have a stick and not to have a mustang.

The mustang will have tons of mod potential and is a lot cheaper to mod than the charger with better power gains. The 4.6L is an awesome sounding engine. My 08 GT was the funnest car Ive ever driven and with a tune....it put a grin of my face whenever I touched the throttle.

It may not be as fast as the new 5.0 but I thought it was more fun to drive and the car felt more responsive.

Also forgot....the 4.6L and the 5 speed tranny is a very stout and tough powertrain. As long as you don't push them beyond their power potential, they should last you many many many miles.
Old 08-22-2013, 12:16 AM
azdevil1
1st Gear Member

the mustang will turn more heads & the manual stick shift will make you love driving again. To me - the Mustang will always win, hands down. If you like the sound of your exhaust, wait til you get a GT. Ford's V8 sounds unbeatable and stick an h-pipe and some cat-backs on the mustang and you will never look back. I have a black on black 08 GT convertible stick. Driving is fun again.

My girlfriend thought I was tooooo in love with my GT. She asked me to choose her or the Mustang. Gosh I miss her sometimes.
Old 08-22-2013, 07:46 PM
LilRoush
6th Gear Member

Depends on your needs. Both have ups and downs.