Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Important Tuning questions need help ASAP! plz

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2009, 01:02 AM
Smokin04
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by v8pilot
I put my stock airbox back in becasue my tune is STOCK now the JLT intake was causing the car to over rev and was running very badly since the Racing tune is not installed on the car...

i just called Evolution perfomance he said the ONLY way to fix it is if i send the SCT tuner back to SCT and have them unlock it for $150. I called ford the tech wasnt their and none of the reps knew what i was talking about. Im flying to vegas tommorow so i wont be able to deal with the issue till next week. i am gonna cause a storm if the dealership doesnt pay for their mistake.
Ok...it's all making sense now. I agree with what was said earlier. The car is YOURS, for them to re-flash even AFTER you told them not to is plain wrong. I would lay the wood to them. I have to admit that I didn't know about Ford re-flashing strategies. Honestly I have never trusted dealerships to work on my car, so i never brought it in. I learn something new everyday.
Old 06-19-2009, 01:31 AM
RainsFather
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by v8pilot

i just called Evolution perfomance he said the ONLY way to fix it is if i send the SCT tuner back to SCT and have them unlock it for $150. I called ford the tech wasnt their and none of the reps knew what i was talking about. Im flying to vegas tommorow so i wont be able to deal with the issue till next week. i am gonna cause a storm if the dealership doesnt pay for their mistake.
I dont understand how Brenspeed can help their customers fix the problem with just an update to the tune, but Evolution wants to send your tuner back to SCT which costs 150. I would call Brenspeed up and see what they might be able to do to help you before spending 150.
Old 06-24-2009, 07:32 PM
v8pilot
2nd Gear Member

Now i called ford again and they are saying the tune was not touched he said it probably returned to stock because the battery was unplugged for so long....... HOW IS THAT POSSIBLE? doesnt make any sense
Old 06-25-2009, 12:16 AM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

Again the dealership is bull....the last tune in there is like its on a hard drive if you turn your computer off for days and turn it back on all the info is still there and THIS HOLDS TRUE FOR THE CARS COMPUTER TOO! The only thing that will be reset is the adaptive learning on the PCM and that's a good thing as the car will relearn your driving habits again and adj from there. My bet is the dealer re- flashed your PCM and said they did not. If the tuner is locked and it was caused by the dealer reflashing the PCM (the only way I know the tuner would lock) then they are lying and you need to talk to the tech that did all the work and not the service guy etc. Let us know what happens next week when you return from Vegas!