Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Thinking Getting a GT

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2005, 04:21 PM
bahbahblacksheep
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Thinking Getting a GT

ORIGINAL: Black SRT

OK thanks for the replies guys, but have a couple questions.
1. What is this, chargemotion delete plates and is it good for daily driving? I think I have an idea on what they do from bahbahblacksheep last post. The GT's have flaps in the intake that open the harder you get on it? If so weird.
2. Brent from Brenspeed.com has his car listed at 12.8@105 mph with the C&L CAI, SCT X-Cal, and Mac axleback. That combination would be less then $1000 with free shipping. Is this for real, I find hard to believe you can pick up about 1 sec from just that, maybe with slick not DR's or that’s SCT X-Cal is one hell of a tune.
3. Like 1fast05GT said easy to do with a S/C but is there any that are plug and play? Really don't want to dyno if possible, they charge $100 a run.
4. You guys haven't said anything about supporting mods, I take it they won't be needed?
1.Dude, the flap has to do with the charge motion control valves on the intake runners...there are no flaps in the intake itself. Just tubing and an air filter like all other intakes. Oh, and most 2005 (and I say most because some people don't have them) mustangs have a pre-cat cat called the vapor trap in the intake tubing. When that comes out, its good for approx 10hp. You will need a tune or you're gonna run lean and make less power.

The chargemotion delete plates are great for daily driving.

2. Yes this is for real. THe 2005 mustangs respond really well to mods. Its over engineered and ready to go. For example, to put on a new axle back exhaust only requires one bolt on each side. Takes a pro only 5 minutes a side. Ford knew guys would be modding these cars. Many people have reported running mid 13's stock so to go high 12's with mods is very believable.

3. Any mods on the 2005 mustang really should require a tune. the S/C kits should essentially be plug and play but you will need to fine tune it to your car so it will need a tune. No need for dynos...bring the car to your local mustang shop, get them to data log your car (or you can datalog the car yourself with the X-CAL 2), and get them to adjust a tune to match your car. This is what steeda did for me and its a million times better than a canned tune that is really a generic program for these cars.

4. No need for supporting mods. These cars are built to go fast out of the box. Just save for tires cause going fast has its price
Old 07-30-2005, 08:40 PM
Black SRT

Default RE: Thinking Getting a GT

ORIGINAL: bahbahblacksheep

ORIGINAL: Black SRT

OK thanks for the replies guys, but have a couple questions.
1. What is this, chargemotion delete plates and is it good for daily driving? I think I have an idea on what they do from bahbahblacksheep last post. The GT's have flaps in the intake that open the harder you get on it? If so weird.
2. Brent from Brenspeed.com has his car listed at 12.8@105 mph with the C&L CAI, SCT X-Cal, and Mac axleback. That combination would be less then $1000 with free shipping. Is this for real, I find hard to believe you can pick up about 1 sec from just that, maybe with slick not DR's or that’s SCT X-Cal is one hell of a tune.
3. Like 1fast05GT said easy to do with a S/C but is there any that are plug and play? Really don't want to dyno if possible, they charge $100 a run.
4. You guys haven't said anything about supporting mods, I take it they won't be needed?
1.Dude, the flap has to do with the charge motion control valves on the intake runners...there are no flaps in the intake itself. Just tubing and an air filter like all other intakes. Oh, and most 2005 (and I say most because some people don't have them) mustangs have a pre-cat cat called the vapor trap in the intake tubing. When that comes out, its good for approx 10hp. You will need a tune or you're gonna run lean and make less power.

The chargemotion delete plates are great for daily driving.

2. Yes this is for real. THe 2005 mustangs respond really well to mods. Its over engineered and ready to go. For example, to put on a new axle back exhaust only requires one bolt on each side. Takes a pro only 5 minutes a side. Ford knew guys would be modding these cars. Many people have reported running mid 13's stock so to go high 12's with mods is very believable.

3. Any mods on the 2005 mustang really should require a tune. the S/C kits should essentially be plug and play but you will need to fine tune it to your car so it will need a tune. No need for dynos...bring the car to your local mustang shop, get them to data log your car (or you can datalog the car yourself with the X-CAL 2), and get them to adjust a tune to match your car. This is what steeda did for me and its a million times better than a canned tune that is really a generic program for these cars.

4. No need for supporting mods. These cars are built to go fast out of the box. Just save for tires cause going fast has its price
Thanks, the guys around here must not be the best drivers, there running high 13's to mid 14's stock. I'm glad to see that the car responds to mods nicely, and thanks for the help.