Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

first (and hopefully last) time getting pulled over

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2010, 02:24 PM
atomicpunk
1st Gear Member

It sounds like you had those Left Lane Lovers in your way.
Old 11-06-2010, 02:41 PM
Metroshica
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by VRFlip
...you guys might be reading more into the "weaving" comment than necessary.

Really, it seems like anytime anyone posts anything about driving fast on public roads, people get upset. There's always a core group of people here on MF who have to write these comments. We know what you're going to write, you do it every time, just save us the trouble and don't post it please. It amazes me that people here get chastised for driving our mustangs like sports cars and not commuter cars.
Old 11-07-2010, 08:18 AM
dragline
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Metroshica

Really, it seems like anytime anyone posts anything about driving fast on public roads, people get upset. There's always a core group of people here on MF who have to write these comments. We know what you're going to write, you do it every time, just save us the trouble and don't post it please. It amazes me that people here get chastised for driving our mustangs like sports cars and not commuter cars.
amen to that.

and amen to the earlier posts about being old enough to have a daughter in dance class doesn't necessarily mean you don't have momentary lapses of stupidity. i can certainly attest to that!

wasn't going all that fast FWIW so the nannies out there can chill. maybe 40 in a 35. just made a moderately aggressive lane change w/o signalling. biggest part of the reason for posting the story at all was that the constable referred to himself as the po-po!! nice guy, i shoulda tossed him the keys and let him take it for a spin.
Old 11-07-2010, 10:03 AM
JimsGT
3rd Gear Member

Uh, this reminds me...got nabbed going 40 in a 25...plead not guilty, went to court, talked to the prosecutor, they dropped the 4 points for a small fee of $440!!! And cash or check right on the spot, ouch! Guess its worth it compared to what my insurance would've hiked up to! ( I'm in NJ)
Old 11-07-2010, 06:16 PM
RichieCal
2nd Gear Member

That's actually the first time I've ever commented on the way someone was driving, so don't include me in the "core group" Metro..also no one on here should tell anyone else "don't post a comment".
Old 11-08-2010, 02:28 AM
Metroshica
2nd Gear Member

Whether it's your first post or not on the subject, the point still stands. It's still ridiculous that we have forum members who feel it's their duty to police other members' driving habits.
Old 11-08-2010, 08:01 AM
VRFlip
2nd Gear Member

Yup, and if you look at page one, it's the usual crew.
Old 11-08-2010, 08:01 AM
MarkMan
4th Gear Member

Sorry if it sounded like I was talking about you, Dragline. I was referring to my stupidity at age 57. It seems like I should be getting over it by now!?! Hey, he didn't get a ticket, I did. That's why I got the RD!
Old 11-08-2010, 08:24 AM
dragline
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by MarkMan
Sorry if it sounded like I was talking about you, Dragline. I was referring to my stupidity at age 57. It seems like I should be getting over it by now!?! Hey, he didn't get a ticket, I did. That's why I got the RD!
no apology req'd, MarkMan, I liked your post. There's a fine line between stupidity and having fun, eh?
Old 11-08-2010, 08:51 AM
wilkinda
2010 Section Moderator

Originally Posted by VRFlip
...you guys might be reading more into the "weaving" comment than necessary.
VRFlip...DO NOT try and add some logical thoughts into their flaming!!! You would ruin all the fun for them. Have you seen "Grumpy Old Men"? if not..we are seeing the internet version of it right here

Quick Reply: first (and hopefully last) time getting pulled over