Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

My ass is cold. Comfort package installable?

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2010, 04:40 PM
JIM5.0
5th Gear Member

The reason why it cooked off the cooling fluid was because I jury rigged it to also get cooling from the radiator, which the stock radiator is not designed to do. The fluid would heat up and the bleed valve did it's job: It release the fluid-turned-into-steam and after awhile, there was little to do enough to cool both the car and the tranny. Of course the classic "Tack! Tack! Tack!" started to happen with the engine and of course the tranny symptoms I described occurred too.
Old 12-08-2010, 12:13 AM
Meester_Vapor
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by jaguarking11
I have the e-bay heated seat kits in my car. They work great. If you know your way around electronics and use some common sense its a piece of cake. Less than 200 bux for the package and about 3 hours to install. If you don't know your way around a circuit though find someone that does. I have had mine for over a two winters. No problems.

The other solution is a heated pad that plugs into a cigarete lighter. Pretty cheap stuff actualy and you can get one that also massages your nutz...LOL
Wait. Screw the heated seats. Tell me more of the nut massage. I do have a 50 minute commute.
Old 12-08-2010, 12:15 AM
Meester_Vapor
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by heslekrants
I installed an Ebay heated seat kit...
Here's a cheesy video (not mine) but shows the basic install & what the switch looks like.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M16cfhfP6Tg
Thank you for the info...I'll have to look into the products a bit more. Was hoping it would be as simple as buying the kit and plugging it in, but I should have ordered the butt warmers.
Old 12-08-2010, 12:25 AM
Meester_Vapor
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by JIM5.0
My GF at the time froze her *** off, so she used to take along a heater blanket and plug that into the cig lighter.
I'm trying to imagine that...but if it comes down to that I'm gonna be rocking a snuggie
Old 12-08-2010, 08:08 AM
jdmcbride
4th Gear Member

I never thought I would use seat warmers living in south Florida, but today I am glad my car came with the Comfort Group package!

It was 32 degrees this morning and the cold went right through my slacks (as described by the OP)! The seat warmer had me toasty in 1 minute!
Old 12-08-2010, 07:27 PM
JIM5.0
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by theACE
Dude my physics teacher was just ranting about this stuff the other day, lol. You don't happen to be named Mr. Fuchs do you jim? lol :P
His name is what? How do you pronounce his name phonetically?
Old 12-08-2010, 07:47 PM
aaquib1992
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by jdmcbride
I never thought I would use seat warmers living in south Florida, but today I am glad my car came with the Comfort Group package!

It was 32 degrees this morning and the cold went right through my slacks (as described by the OP)! The seat warmer had me toasty in 1 minute!
32? Next week its getting to around 12F in indiana. Its pretty bad over here, but in FL is it really worth the investment for the heated seats? Just wondering cause everyone says the tropical states are almost never cold/icy. From what I hear.. Last time I actually went there it was close to 100F haha.
Old 12-08-2010, 10:19 PM
baddog671
6th Gear Member

It's been hanging around 18-22F here, my ***** are frozen to the leather seats! I'm definitly going to try to heat atleast the driver side, if not both
Old 12-09-2010, 08:20 AM
jaguarking11
2nd Gear Member

all jokes aside, something like this is the easiest option you have.

http://www.amazon.com/Wagan-IN9738-5...sim_dbs_auto_3

some do have massage functions.
Old 12-09-2010, 09:06 AM
jdmcbride
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by aaquib1992
32? Next week its getting to around 12F in indiana. Its pretty bad over here, but in FL is it really worth the investment for the heated seats? Just wondering cause everyone says the tropical states are almost never cold/icy. From what I hear.. Last time I actually went there it was close to 100F haha.
Well, the Comfort Package came on this car and includes other goodies like passenger electric seat and auto dimming rear view mirror (so it just isn't heated seats). But I had to buy a car out of dealer stock to take advantage of my X-Plan pricing with $4,500 in rebates and 1.9% special APR, so I got this package with my car.

As far as being 100 degrees in the summer, I've never seen it get above 92 here in the summer. The ocean breeze comming off of the water keeps us cooler than it is in Indiana in the summer (probably as I'm not sure what temps you guys have up there).

Now Orlando is another story.. freaking hot during the summer (no ocean breeze)!

Quick Reply: My ass is cold. Comfort package installable?