Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Boss 302 markup

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2011, 04:39 PM
Kara
4th Gear Member

Default Boss 302 markup

Not sure where to post this but does anyone know where I can order or get a boss 302 that is not marked up like crazy!
Old 06-07-2011, 05:14 PM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

Well be!!
'bout time you show back up around these parts girl!

ShaneM has lots of infos and he bought two of those.
PM him and see if he can help.
Old 06-07-2011, 05:55 PM
siggyfreud
5th Gear Member

Try here:

http://forums.themustangsource.com/f813/

Lots of great information. Many dealers putting on 5-10k markup will probably sell at MSRP once they know they have a serious buyer. I think I've seen 1 person on those forums get one for less than MSRP.
Old 06-07-2011, 06:56 PM
SpartaPerformance
4th Gear Member

If you're in or around NY you can try my dealership we don't charge any markup on specialty cars ever. I think we've only sold 1 of the 2 BOSS's we've been entitled to by Ford.
Old 06-07-2011, 08:08 PM
Clocked92

A guy I talked to in town just recently bought a new boss. It was marked up 20k above sticker!!!! He didn't tell me what he really payed for it though.
Old 06-08-2011, 09:43 PM
Kara
4th Gear Member

Pascal you remember me! HAHA! Well I have a dodge challenger now, and a 2ss rs camaro. But I have stang fever again lol. I want to buy a boss!!
Old 06-09-2011, 09:42 AM
ShaneM
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Kara
Pascal you remember me! HAHA! Well I have a dodge challenger now, and a 2ss rs camaro. But I have stang fever again lol. I want to buy a boss!!
dont be scared away by the mark ups. most of those cars will go for sticker if you are a serious buyer. some dealers want to stick to mark ups, but out of the two boss' i have had both were listed at 5k over, one went for msrp and the other i paid a bit over for ($1500). most of the cars are going for msrp, unless its the laguna seca and then plan on at least $5k over. most of these dealers are just hoping someone with more money than sense comes along. they learned a lesson with the gt500's left on lots thanks to crazy adm fees and all of the people i know of that have purchased off the lot have walked away with msrp or very close to that.

the best place to find them is the forum that someone else linked to. we don't have a boss forums here so most of the people that own them or want them or have ordered go elsewhere to talk sadly. i also suggest cars.com and ebay, count on games being played though as you look. these cars have bought out some douchbag tactics with some dealers listing cars at sticker only to ask 5k or 10k over when people call. just tell them you are ready to buy, offer a $1k up front purchase to buy the car at sticker with that money towards the purchase and you can find one. don't be afraid to go out of state.

if you have to order the cars are very behind so far thanks to the problems in japan and other things. many of the Q1 or Q2 cars have yet to be delivered and most that are ordering now are getting Q3 or Q4 allocations which depending on parts holds could well end up 13 models. if you order get the msrp price in writing, more than one person has paid money down, ordered, and then had the dealer try and hit them for More money after the car is in or when the build starts. also not ever ford dealer can get these cars, they are allocated which means only ford can give them permission to buy. if they tell you anyone can order the boss, they have no idea what they are doing. be sure to find out the quarter the allocation is for too if you order. Good luck!
Old 06-09-2011, 03:48 PM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

Originally Posted by Kara
Lol, damn Brat!!
Going to the dark side and all...
Old 06-09-2011, 05:29 PM
Kara
4th Gear Member

Thanks for the info! Pascal I thought going ford was the dark side being I was always a chevy girl haha. I am in love with the boss though! The camaro is sweet but the challenger is going to get traded in. Then I will have to make some mustang vs camaro videos
Old 06-10-2011, 06:27 AM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

I knew you were a Chebby girl but I thought you came back to your senses when you got the Mustang, lol.
Anyway, I dying to see you in a BOSS.
Just don't rush the process of buying it...
If you look desperate, the dealer won't budge from the mark ups and it'll be tough to negotiate.