Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

no air will blow for ac or for heat

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2012, 03:33 PM
ironh19
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by cory21
its weird because everywhere i read it says that if the blower resistor is bad it only blows on high speed.. mine blows air on whatever speed i turn the dial too its just weak, seems more like speed 1 than speed 4... but ill give it a shot, looks easy enough
well who are you going to trust the internet or us?
Old 03-24-2012, 11:18 AM
157dB
Cut & Paste Expert

its weird because everywhere i read it says that if the blower resistor is bad it only blows on high speed.. mine blows air on whatever speed i turn the dial too its just weak, seems more like speed 1 than speed 4... but ill give it a shot, looks easy enough
You are correct.
High speed is unaffected by the blower resistor.
Just the slower speeds.

It sounds like you have a plenum door thats partially blocked.
Items falling into the defroster vents on the top of the dash
can cause all sorts of problems.
Got kids with small toys? Set lighters on your dash?

Maybe the blower motor is on the partial fritz? Or maybe
your cabin air filter is plugged with leaves and trash
to beyond all recognition?
There are diagnostic procedures in the service manual
for just what you are now describing. Feeling up to
the task or are you just going to take it to the stealership?
Old 03-24-2012, 12:18 PM
Mishri
Mish-ogynist

I had a similiar issue with my company vehicle ('97 GMC jimmy) it only worked if i had it set to ac before i started the car, then it worked fine on all settings, did that for about 2 days then suddenly started working normally again.. it was weird, I haven't had an issue since and that was probably 3 months ago.
Old 09-24-2012, 08:48 AM
effer2k07

I am having similiar issues I will check these items listed here and let you all know what works for me... you guys all know your stuff
Old 09-24-2012, 02:33 PM
Blueper
2nd Gear Member

Agree with 157dB
Sounds like you have a plenum not opening. My old mustang HVAC controller was operated via vacuum. not sure if the new Mustangs use vacuum to open the plenum.
If so, You need to check for vacuum leaks.
Old 12-06-2016, 07:29 PM
mhnamaki

Hi all,
I have the same problem. The fan doesn't work for both A/C and Heater. I can feel both A/C and Heater slightly in the cabin even at 4 setting.

The mechanic told me that the problem is for your "fan switch" and you have to change the "HVAC control assembly" totally which is very expensive (655$). Do you have any idea how I can change the switch by myself? Does he mean that the problem is the fan ****? or anything behind the control assembly?

He told me that blower motor and wiring are fine.

Thanks.
Old 06-29-2017, 12:27 PM
aayslnnelson

Default A/C issue 2008 Mustang

Question. 2008 Mustang, my a/c just stopped working. The light doesn't light up when I press it, nothing sounds like it kicks on, nothing blows out. Literally NOTHING happens when I push the button. Could this be a fuse? What is most likely the issue? HELP please!
Old 09-26-2020, 11:16 AM
Rj Garza

Originally Posted by aayslnnelson
Question. 2008 Mustang, my a/c just stopped working. The light doesn't light up when I press it, nothing sounds like it kicks on, nothing blows out. Literally NOTHING happens when I push the button. Could this be a fuse? What is most likely the issue? HELP please!
Was wondering if you found a fix to your issue
Old 07-07-2022, 07:34 PM
Slickbback19

Default Easy check

i have a 2005 mustang gt and recently when i turn on the fan either for heat or for a/c no air will come through the vents... the fan and everything seems to switch on as it should but it has no real power.. it doesnt matter whether the fan switch is on 1 or 4 its as if the air is just floating through the vents and not really coming out with any real force..
i replaced blower motor and nothing, I replaced the blower motor resistor and it turned on. Then next day it turned back off so I angrily just swiped the wires and boom it kicked on haha so i look at the connector to the fan motor and it was wiggling loose the clip broke so I just put a zip tie for now and it’s saying on haha.