Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

New from San Antonio

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2013, 10:20 AM
ninja mustang

Default New from San Antonio

Hey guys and gals. I’m looking at getting into the Mustang community with a new 2013 GT. I’ve noticed “deals” in the Houston/Katy area where there are GTs (Premium) advertised on “sale” for just over $30K. This includes the March $2000 Ford discount as well as dealership savings for a total of approx. $6000 off sticker. Seems like a good deal, but NOTHING like this is advertised in the San Antonio area where I live.

Anyone in the SA area have suggestions on finding the best deal on a 2013 GT in our area?

Another point. Do you all think there might be better deals/rebates/incentives when we get closer to the release of the 2015? How long should I wait? I know the $2K ford rebate is ending April 1, but what are they going to offer on the ‘13s in April or May. I can wait, but I just want to find the best deal.
Old 03-23-2013, 12:13 PM
MustangInTexas
2nd Gear Member

$6k off seems like a really good deal to me. Check the prices of used '12 GTs and see what they are going for. You're probably looking at a new car cheaper than the used market. That's the kind of deal I got with my v6 up in Austin.
Old 03-23-2013, 01:00 PM
ninja mustang

Originally Posted by MustangInTexas
$6k off seems like a really good deal to me. Check the prices of used '12 GTs and see what they are going for. You're probably looking at a new car cheaper than the used market. That's the kind of deal I got with my v6 up in Austin.
thanks MIT
Old 03-23-2013, 07:40 PM
BAB GT
2nd Gear Member

See if you qualify for the X Plan through work, credit union, etc. that could bring the price down even more. $30k seems reasonable.
Old 03-23-2013, 10:54 PM
tx_zstang
5th Gear Member

Sometimes you gotta drive to get the deal you want. You'll still be able to get warranty service locally.
Old 03-27-2013, 05:19 AM
Sethman29
1st Gear Member

Im in San Antonio also and bought my car new last june. I had to drive to champion ford katy because it was the only performance white california special with a 6 speed that i could find state wide lol. I had x-plan and all that but i just haggled with them. I think sticker was around 38k and they were asking 34. I just called amd told them i'd give them 32, and they said no.... But then called me back a week later lol.
Old 03-27-2013, 05:23 AM
Sethman29
1st Gear Member

I bet i could easily get a base 13 in the 28 area. Try mac haik too. Jordan and all those other local SA dealers wont budge. But it's okay you can buy these cars anywhere.... They want you to think they have the only red 13' 5.0 there is.... HA
Old 04-03-2013, 08:52 AM
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Originally Posted by Sethman29
Im in San Antonio also and bought my car new last june. I had to drive to champion ford katy because it was the only performance white california special with a 6 speed that i could find state wide lol. I had x-plan and all that but i just haggled with them. I think sticker was around 38k and they were asking 34. I just called amd told them i'd give them 32, and they said no.... But then called me back a week later lol.
Congrats on your new ride, Sethman29!

Deysha
Old 04-04-2013, 12:35 AM
Paul S. Safford

I went through USAA and Ford's web site. Ultimately found the best deal at Red McCombs North... They beat the Xplan pricing and gave me the rebates after haggling below the Xplan pricing. I used Ford's web site to build my car and after looking at so many dealerships (actually driving to them and checking the inventory online) I used Ford's website to "help locate..." my car. After inputting in my e-mail and contact info on Ford's web site Ford e-mailed me a coupon for another $750 rebate which I was able to use over and above the haggled price and ongoing rebate.