Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Nothing better than......

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2013, 05:20 AM
audioAl
4th Gear Member

Default Games rule

Originally Posted by mapitts
Most people, men in particular, will not man up to their mistakes anymore. They live life like it is a video game or something.
I've noticed this too. Zombie like people, what gives??
Old 05-09-2013, 02:21 PM
mapitts
3rd Gear Member

Most people don't care about their car, so why should they care about yours. It's everywhere it seems. Plus the fact that every place with a parking lot has put as many parking spaces as they could cram in so close together. They sealed & striped all of our parking lots a couple of years ago. They move in the lines about a foot. My car will not go back out there.
Old 05-09-2013, 02:39 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

Most people, men in particular, will not man up to their mistakes anymore. They live life like it is a video game or something.
F'in ay...my son tried to tell me other day "it's not my fault that the school (college) charged me for book rentals that were a day late in getting returned"...I just about kicked him in the back of the head.

Instead, my wife went apeshiz on him

He plays a lot of video games....hmmmmmm......
Old 05-09-2013, 02:57 PM
cariacou
2nd Gear Member

I was working on my truck today, and noticed a funny black streak on the front left bumper going back to the tire. The car is dirty from all of the pollen, so I thought I would just wait and give her a good bath in a week or so. Turns out the "funny streak" was not some dead bug that slid, but where some f%$k stick hit me at work apparently. Looks like a bad close call on one of the monster trucks at work backing in. To the body shop I go. You would think that if someone hit me that they would own up to it and have me paged. That would have been fine. Now I am it is out of my pocket, and I am mad. My wife say's I obsess to much over my Mustang.

It happenned to me the very first day I bought my car ;(
Old 05-09-2013, 03:07 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

Oh I've had worse....2nd week I owned my car, no one else near me on the freeway going to work on a Friday Morning....except for this big gravel truck pulling onto the on ramp three lanes to my right and about 15 car lengths ahead of me. I bumped up my speed a bit to get past him before he started to merge into a lane closer than me...

In slow motion, I saw this friggin tiny piece of gravel fall of the back of the truck...start bouncing, and friggin cross over all the way accross the lanes into my car! I heard a loud 'snap' as it whizzed off the windshield (just above the cowl) I thought for sure it was gonna crack it... Nope, just chipped it. BUT on my hood where it first made contact there is a faint dimple and a 2" long 1/4" wide gash down to the primer of the hood...

FUUUUUUUGGGGGG!!!! I was literraly sick to my stomach that day, nauseated, light headed, pale as a ghost...my boss noticed my physical disposition and asked me what was up. I told him about what happened and showed it to him (he's a car guy too). He gave me the option to go home if I wanted to. He told me he would be exactly the same way.
Old 05-09-2013, 09:38 PM
mapitts
3rd Gear Member

Derf00, I always wondered if I had a sticker on the back of my truck or Mustang that said "not responsible for objects falling on the road" like a dump truck has, and threw a door **** out the window, let it bounce all over his dump truck or car, what would happen? Compared to yours, mine was a walk in the park.
Old 05-14-2013, 08:59 AM
UsmcMustang
1st Gear Member

i always park far away from everyone to avoid stuff like that , i have numerous scuffs and dings from people opening the doors and hitting my car , im not taking chances anymore , most people dont care about their car they sure as hell wont care about yours
Old 05-14-2013, 09:33 AM
Gary Ugarek
4th Gear Member

I get to work when the roosters crow, just to have the closest end spot to the bldg. entrance and I park on the curb so they can't open their doors into my car
Old 05-14-2013, 11:56 AM
mapitts
3rd Gear Member

This place runs 24/7/365 so there is no avoiding the masses. People coming and going at all times. I did find an ara out by the one of the fire stations yesterday. Not too many people parked around there. In the mornig or evening. Same thing this morning. A lot of empty spaces. I will keep an eye on that area. Right now I am just driving my truck to work.