Go Back   MustangForums.com > Ford Mustang Tech > 2005 - 2014 Mustangs > GT S197 General Discussion
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Welcome to Mustang Forums!
Welcome to Mustang Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

Old 05-04-2013, 09:29 AM   #31
moosestang
6th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2006 mustang gt

It's only money. I wouldn't dwell on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by derboesekoenig View Post
I think this deployment has gotten to me. Normally, I would never even THINK about buying any vehicle without looking at it first. I must be going crazy. I didn't think about the warranty. How can the dealership offer a 2 year warranty if everything on the car is modded? Makes no sense.
Car is paid for at this point. Sitting in the garage, covered up. I've got about 8 weeks left and I'll be able to see if my purchase was worth it. I've been browsing, but have yet to find anything else within 250 miles that I like.
This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Mustang Forums!
moosestang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 03:29 AM   #32
derboesekoenig
1st Gear Member

Vehicle: 2006 Mustang GT

You're right, it's not a big deal. I'm sure it will work out in the end.

Anyway, anyone recommend any more upgrades when I get back? I was looking at getting the Accel plug kit and new spark plugs, change the oil just in case, throttle body? Idk what else I could do besides intercooler.
I don't like the rims. I'd rather have black rims or maybe gold/bronze.
derboesekoenig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 10:07 AM   #33
moosestang
6th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2006 mustang gt

Quote:
You're right, it's not a big deal. I'm sure it will work out in the end.

Anyway, anyone recommend any more upgrades when I get back? I was looking at getting the Accel plug kit and new spark plugs, change the oil just in case, throttle body? Idk what else I could do besides intercooler.
I don't like the rims. I'd rather have black rims or maybe gold/bronze.
No accel cops! Too many premature failures. If you must get aftermarket coil packs, get msd coils. They have the fewest failures that i've seen. I had accel coils and 1 or more failed with no warning and no CEL. I've been using msd for over a year now and so far so good. The engine runs smoother with the aftermarket cops, smoother acceleration, smoother idle, that's why I punish myself by using them. They may make more power on a supercharged motor.

I'd do the intercooler before anything else.

whipple HO SC,FRPP k springs, Pypes mid mufflers, hurst, frpp TB, 4.10's, spohn lca's, adj. UCA, relo brackets, 1 piece DS, spec stg 3+ clutch. 12.52@117.6mph so far with a 2.01 60 ft time

Pumpkin jacking addict
moosestang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 07:22 AM   #34
derboesekoenig
1st Gear Member

Hmm ok. Thanks for the advice. I really appreciate it from everyone.
Old 04-21-2014, 07:14 PM   #35
derboesekoenig
1st Gear Member

For those of y'all that doubted me, I would just like to update and say that I have put over 10,000 miles on this beast and there are ZERO issues.

Unfortunately, being a full time student and travelling A LOT has its downsides. So most of those are easy highway miles. I need something that gets 40-50 mpg. Lol
I do not want to let this go.
I get 26 MPG at 55mph on the highway. Again though, I think this car deserves someone who will REALLY drive it. It's too fast for me.
Old 04-21-2014, 10:13 PM   #36
SPARTAN VI
4th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2014 Ford Mustang GT

Quote:
For those of y'all that doubted me, I would just like to update and say that I have put over 10,000 miles on this beast and there are ZERO issues.

Unfortunately, being a full time student and travelling A LOT has its downsides. So most of those are easy highway miles. I need something that gets 40-50 mpg. Lol
I do not want to let this go.
I get 26 MPG at 55mph on the highway. Again though, I think this car deserves someone who will REALLY drive it. It's too fast for me.
So you're happy with it, but going to sell it?

Epona :: 2005Mustang V6 Premium
Epona II :: 2014Mustang GT
SPARTAN VI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 06:27 AM   #37
derboesekoenig
1st Gear Member

It sucks but yes. I need to concentrate on school and maybe one day when I am more financially stable I can get back into mustangs.
Old 04-22-2014, 04:05 PM   #38
outceltj
4th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2007, Mustang Gt

What a horrible financial decision
Detroit Rocker Cams, 410's, Saleen Supercharger, afco dual heat exchanger, TCI torque convertor, stage 3 saleen supercharger, dual gt500 fuel pumps, SS Brake Lines, and Power Slot rotors, LCAS, Koni Adjustables, alpine touch screen, PA deep tranny pan, fluidyne radiator, dynotech DS

B302 added3/31/14
11.216 at 123.42MPH
60ft-1.558
Stroked & Blown
outceltj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 04:05 PM
MustangForums
Ford Mustang

Paid Advertisement