Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

The Best Catch Cans in the Industry!

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2014, 11:22 PM
UPRSharad
Former Sponsor

Default The Best Catch Cans in the Industry!

GAME OVER. UPR Products Billet Oil Catch Cans are officially THE BEST catch cans on the market! Check out our new Pro Series Catch Cans. They are the best looking, most effective way to block oil vapor from contaminating your combustion chamber. If you don't have one, you NEED one!

Check out our blog for details on our new Pro Series Catch Cans:

http://blog.uprproducts.com/2014/01/...-the-industry/

You can order these cans by calling UPR at 561.588.6630 or by clicking http://www.uprproducts.com/mustang-b...atch-cans.html
Old 01-24-2014, 05:35 AM
kzonts
5th Gear Member

If it wasn't for UPR I would have a mess on my hands. In the cooler weather my V6 Pro Charger setup pulls a lot of watery oil mist out of the engine, and the UPR catch cans keep my system clean. I run a dual setup to ensure nothing gets into my blower.

Old 01-24-2014, 11:57 AM
MadMike1337
2nd Gear Member

+1 on the UPR. I had the JLT and it didn't catch nearly as much. The UPR collected 10x the amount. I highly recommend also.
Old 01-24-2014, 12:15 PM
Goldenpony
5th Gear Member

Default Catch can

I can vouch for this. I had a JLT can and didn't think it was catching much oil. JLT's answer, stuff some copper pot scrubber stuff into the can to make it more effective. I went a different way and just replaced the JLT can with a UPR can. Problem solved. My UPR can is about 1/2 to 2/3 full in 2500 miles. The JLT can, in the same mileage had maybe 1/4" in the bottom. No comparison.

Last edited by Goldenpony; 01-24-2014 at 12:18 PM.
Old 01-25-2014, 11:46 PM
UPRSharad
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by kzonts
If it wasn't for UPR I would have a mess on my hands. In the cooler weather my V6 Pro Charger setup pulls a lot of watery oil mist out of the engine, and the UPR catch cans keep my system clean. I run a dual setup to ensure nothing gets into my blower.
Originally Posted by MadMike1337
+1 on the UPR. I had the JLT and it didn't catch nearly as much. The UPR collected 10x the amount. I highly recommend also.
Originally Posted by Goldenpony
I can vouch for this. I had a JLT can and didn't think it was catching much oil. JLT's answer, stuff some copper pot scrubber stuff into the can to make it more effective. I went a different way and just replaced the JLT can with a UPR can. Problem solved. My UPR can is about 1/2 to 2/3 full in 2500 miles. The JLT can, in the same mileage had maybe 1/4" in the bottom. No comparison.
Awesome! Thanks for the feedback guys!
Old 02-01-2014, 01:24 AM
70monte
1st Gear Member

I also had a UPR can but I was still getting oil through the output line all the way to the intake fitting so I replaced it with another brand(not JLT). It caught a lot of oil but I didn't like that it was still letting oil through as well as I had a problem with the lower edge of the can contacting my coil cover and it wore a smooth spot on the can edge as well as marked up my coil cover. I think this issue was caused by the way my AC line was run and there just wasn't enough room between the line and the coil cover. I tried bending the AC line but I couldn't get it bent enough.

The UPR can is nice looking and well made and I'm glad to see they are now including the Ford quick connect fittings and the 90 degree nickel fittings. Neither of these were included when I bought mine in August of 13. I later bought them separately.

Wayne
Old 02-01-2014, 11:23 PM
UPRSharad
Former Sponsor

Thanks. The new lines & fittings are significant upgrades.
Old 03-08-2014, 01:03 PM
MartyMoose
3rd Gear Member

I just checked my JLT catch can, with the new $6 filter/screen upgrade, and found a good amount of oil on the connector at the Saleen supercharger and inside the quick disconnect, but not much oil collected inside the can. I guess it's time to add some copper pot scrubber because I'm getting a little annoyed at buying these ~$100 things - first I had the Steede which didn't come with any fittings and didn't separate much and now this. I'll be damned if I buy a 3rd
Old 03-08-2014, 08:07 PM
Goldenpony
5th Gear Member

Hey Marty, I feel your pain. I first bought a UPR can and it worked great, but I didn't care for the hoses and clamps I had to use. I got rid of it and bought a JLT can, mainly because of the hoses and factory type connectors. Problem was, it caught very little oil, maybe 1/4 of the oil the UPR can caught. I bit the bullet and sold the JLT can (naturally, for less than I paid for it) and invested in another UPR can. I have the one with the braided hose and the Ford factory type connectors. I am back to catching more oil again. In about 2500 miles my UPR can is 2/3 to 3/4 full. I'm a believer. I love the fact that I no longer have those smokey start ups.
Old 03-13-2014, 10:20 PM
UPRSharad
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Goldenpony
Hey Marty, I feel your pain. I first bought a UPR can and it worked great, but I didn't care for the hoses and clamps I had to use. I got rid of it and bought a JLT can, mainly because of the hoses and factory type connectors. Problem was, it caught very little oil, maybe 1/4 of the oil the UPR can caught. I bit the bullet and sold the JLT can (naturally, for less than I paid for it) and invested in another UPR can. I have the one with the braided hose and the Ford factory type connectors. I am back to catching more oil again. In about 2500 miles my UPR can is 2/3 to 3/4 full. I'm a believer. I love the fact that I no longer have those smokey start ups.
^^love it!!