Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

What could this be?

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2014, 09:17 AM
rockhillgt
3rd Gear Member

Default What could this be?

When at a stop and shift into first..sometimes its hard to get into first. It catches some or something. If i shift back into neutral and back into first it goes in smooth. What could this be? The parts that I have are in my signature. Any help is appreciated. Would this be covered under Fords warranty?
Old 04-28-2014, 05:15 PM
drewsky
3rd Gear Member

Mine does the same thing from time to time, same as reverse. Let the clutch out then push back then try, and let it roll a few inches back or forward and ittl go right in. Also when is the last time you've change the tranny fluid? When I changed mine at 60k it seemed to help the overall shifting smoothness..
Old 04-28-2014, 05:18 PM
drewsky
3rd Gear Member

Sorry forgot to mention, it seems when mine does it it's just the synchros out of allignment when the car is stopped. I want to say it's slightly normal but a fluid change will def help!
Old 04-28-2014, 05:22 PM
MustangVixenGT
2nd Gear Member

Fluid and an MGW shifter :P Stock shifters just plain junk........

Rev out to around 5 to 6 grand and try to shift with it stock............. It kinda fails and you have to drop speed just to shift....
Old 04-30-2014, 07:43 AM
rockhillgt
3rd Gear Member

I dont have the stock shifter. I have a hurst ST shifter
Old 05-05-2014, 10:58 PM
Slowbra302
2nd Gear Member

Mine does it too. I run steeda tri ax and amsoil fluid. I forgot abou it until I read this. It's automatic muscle memory when this happens too; clutch, push into first, block, pull back and repress into first, bingo. Takes less than a second. Used to be annoying but seriously forgot about it.