Go Back   MustangForums.com > Ford Mustang Tech > 2005 - 2014 Mustangs > GT S197 General Discussion
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Welcome to Mustang Forums!
Welcome to Mustang Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

Old 09-01-2014, 10:58 AM   #1
om3n

Vehicle: 2011 Ford Mustang GT Premium
Default Putting factory tune on catless 5.0 with 3.73 gears

Hey guys,

I bought this 2011 mustang 5.0 GT, and the previous owner removed the cats and put a tune on it. Long story short I started a thread about this a while back HERE, but I am getting the typical MT82 gear whine issue and I'd like a dealership to take a look at it under warranty, if I can get that to happen. I had a bad experience with my usual dealership, and now I'm going to look for a "mod friendly" dealership, if I can, to check out the trans. Note that it currently has about 46K miles.

I kind of want to put the factory tune back on the car to remove one of the mods that my dealership complained about (I have the tuner with both the factory tune and the new one), but I'm a bit reluctant because of the lack of cats and the 3.73 gears. I'm not sure if the check engine light will come on because of the cats, and I'm not sure if there will be issues with the 3.73 gear either, but I believe the 3.73 came from the factory according to the previous own (not 100% sure he is right).

What do you guys think? Will that cause more problems than it's worth?
This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Mustang Forums!
om3n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 11:08 AM   #2
scottmach
2nd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2011 Mustang GT

You will get a CEL for the rear o2's being turned off as well as COT.

There will also be issues with the 3.73's if your car didn't come with them but that's minor compared to the lack of cats.
Boss Intake, Circle D 4C converter, American Racing 1 7/8 Longtubes and off road x-pipe, Kooks catback, BMR lowering springs, BMR lower control arms, BMR control arm relocation brackets, BMR adjustable panhard bar, Self Tuned

2003 Mach1 718 rwhp 735 rwtq @ 25 lbs. SOLD
2.3 polished Whipple and every other mod possible
scottmach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 11:08 AM
MustangForums
Ford Mustang

Paid Advertisement