Mach 1 Section This section is for discussions relating to the reincarnation of the Mach 1 trimline.

So im pretty pissed right now...

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2010, 10:45 PM
Mach1man
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Fstanggt96
No, I baught the car with a drop in K&N filter and weld in Flows. Everything else I did. I have been meaning to remove the TB and possibly the JLT as well. I can run stock tune with the longtubes?
I know that Mach 1's have been known to get cranky with aftermarket throttle bodies. The stock tune is pretty damn good! I'm not saying go out and run the **** out of it, just load it back in and do a little local driving and see if the stalling problem doesn't correct itself.
Old 05-03-2010, 10:58 PM
Fstanggt96
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Hangwire
Bro I think you need to relax and keep your car. Its an awesome ride. This is something that effects the drivability very little and its probably a simple fix. This sounds more like your trying to come up with reasons to justify selling the car because you just want a diff car, not because your necessarily upset and selling it because of the stall. Some people really just cannot hold onto a car. Its just in their nature to move on and get something new, to some people thats most of the fun in owning a car they dont like to stick to one for 10 years.

Personally i'm the opposite......so far. I'm 100% addicted to my car but this is my first that I pay the bills on. I love my car more every day but I do have the bad habit of getting really really down and obsessing with the car when even the slightest thing is off. When my steering rack made the pop noise before I fixed it I just didnt enjoy my car. I always thought about it and felt like **** about it. I wouldnt clean it as often or as thoroughly, etc.
Yes I have moved on many times, but I am not trying to come up with excuses. I am the same way as you when I hear something unusual, I turn the radio off and the a/c or heat and listen obsesively... These things have been annoying the hell outta me and im not enjoying the car as much as I used to if at all. I dont know, maybe I cannot hold onto a car lol. I sold my camaro because it was a v6 and slow, my foxbody because I wanted something newer with decent oil pressure, my 96 gt becuase I noticed it was usuing a little oil, and now my Mach because it to me is falling apart. In my head though lol, really it feels like the front end is going to break off, I know its not going to but it just feels funny. I know what your saying though. Another thing though is I have to recieve approval from my Dad in order for anything at all to happen with my bank account lol(he is not on my account and the car is in my name). He literally has nothing to do with my car unless I need him to look at it and also he co-signed for it when I bought it but I have to justify it for him. I think I have developed this over time while going through all these cars lol.

Last edited by Fstanggt96; 05-03-2010 at 11:03 PM.
Old 05-03-2010, 10:59 PM
Fstanggt96
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Mach1man
I know that Mach 1's have been known to get cranky with aftermarket throttle bodies. The stock tune is pretty damn good! I'm not saying go out and run the **** out of it, just load it back in and do a little local driving and see if the stalling problem doesn't correct itself.
Yeah ima take it off tomorrow lol.
Old 05-05-2010, 04:49 PM
Mustang3GT07
6th Gear Member

Figure out the problem?
Old 05-05-2010, 08:27 PM
Fstanggt96
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Mustang3GT07
Figure out the problem?
I loaded the factory tune back on but havent had a reason to drive around yet... I'll take the TB off as soon as I get a new gasket for it. I need a new gasket right? As for the poping and kreeking noises... I don't even feel like driving the thing anymore, its kinda embarasing actually. I remember even a month ago I would find any reason to go drive my car around but now I just dont feel like it. I gotta fix this or figure something else out. I might post in the 4.6l general section and see if any of those guys have had the same issue and figured out what they needed to replace. I dont want to buy all new suspension parts and not fix the problem lol.
Old 05-06-2010, 02:06 AM
Mustang3GT07
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Fstanggt96
I loaded the factory tune back on but havent had a reason to drive around yet... I'll take the TB off as soon as I get a new gasket for it. I need a new gasket right? As for the poping and kreeking noises... I don't even feel like driving the thing anymore, its kinda embarasing actually. I remember even a month ago I would find any reason to go drive my car around but now I just dont feel like it. I gotta fix this or figure something else out. I might post in the 4.6l general section and see if any of those guys have had the same issue and figured out what they needed to replace. I dont want to buy all new suspension parts and not fix the problem lol.
I don't know if anyone has said this yet or not, but....Why don't you take it to a mechanic or ford and see what they say it is? This way you will know for sure and then you and buy and replace the part yourself.
Old 05-06-2010, 08:15 AM
Furinox
4th Gear Member

You just need a better tune. The stalling is from the dashpot decay and clip values not being correct.
Old 05-06-2010, 11:35 AM
smitty2919
5th Gear Member

...you have a annoying popping noise and random stalls and you get so sick of it you want to sell it? maybe you should stop modding cars if you get THAT worked up about minor stuff.

i have an 04 GT bought with 32K mi and couple months after buying it got random BAD hesitation...lead me to believe it was fuel pump driver module in the trunk.....it was but i also had water getting to it causing the prob....

dont sell the car over stupid little things. have it looked at and fix the problems. unless something breaks on the car once evey month...then yea, unload it. otherwise keep it.

EDIT: on the other hand, sell it buy a 2011, then you wont have any money left to mod it and thus not allowing you to run into problems...lol
Old 05-06-2010, 08:23 PM
Fstanggt96
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Mustang3GT07
I don't know if anyone has said this yet or not, but....Why don't you take it to a mechanic or ford and see what they say it is? This way you will know for sure and then you and buy and replace the part yourself.
I took the car to a local Ford dealership for the common head tick they develop, not knowing it was common at the time. The guy walked out to my car and with the hood up, revved it a few times and looked me dead in the eyes and said he didn't hear a ticking... I swear it sounds like a knock sometimes but I don't trust that place to say the least. I might take it up to a Mustang specific shop on my next day off.
Old 05-06-2010, 08:24 PM
Fstanggt96
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Furinox
You just need a better tune. The stalling is from the dashpot decay and clip values not being correct.
Dyno tune then? Its running stock right now and hasn't stalled yet but when it stalled it was running a BAMA tune from AM...

Quick Reply: So im pretty pissed right now...