Mach 1 Section This section is for discussions relating to the reincarnation of the Mach 1 trimline.

Changing brakes on Mach 1? Beware

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2015, 03:45 PM
Markmartinfordfan

Default Changing brakes on Mach 1? Beware

I do as much of the work I can do myself on my Mach. It's relaxing to me, although stressful when you get to that point where your scratching your head wondering why something won't fit. I have done brake pad changes plenty, so when my Mach was due I figured, no problem routine job. I typically get most of my parts from a local parts store which is family owned. I received 2 gift cards from Autozone, which I buy mainly non repair items i.e. Seafoam, carwash. They did a lousy job ordering my bushings for my rca's from Maximum Motorsports. Front pads- typically a 30-45 minute process, well the pads in their system for the Mach, Duralast Golds were in a different box. I asked them to make sure they were correct, they insisted they were. They weren't, car on jack stands, I had to go back and they sent me to another Autozone which the manager stated he never seen the pads before and exchanged them for another set which fit. Cost me 3 hours. Rear pads- They gave them to me for free, nice gesture Mach 1 owners beware Duralast Gold rear pads DG627 do not fit a Mach 1 no matter what Autozone says. They are 1/4" too thick, turned the caliper piston as far as it would go and they wouldn't fit. Comes to find out the correct pad is 14.9 mm(.57"). Had to go to Advance Auto- very helpful and gave me correct pads which went on within 30 minutes. I sent a second email to Autzone to make them aware of the second mistake labeling parts. They never made an effort to acknowledge their mistake and have lost my business for good. I hope this helps anybody considering changing brake pads soon.
Old 03-01-2015, 07:16 PM
fastbackford351
Foghorn Leghorn

I have the Bullitt brakes on my GT so I'm going to remember this pearl.

Duly noted.
Old 03-03-2015, 12:57 AM
Markmartinfordfan

Yep, I only shop at Bennett Auto and Advance now. Frustrating couple of days, I rented a caliper tool from them during this fiasco and the manager was ticked when I returned it because I didn't have the receipt. Although the assistant manager told me a receipt is not necessary because they keep everything on their computer. I'm done with them.