Members Mustangs This section is for picture threads relating to members Mustangs. Please read the rules before posting!

Messin' around with HDR...

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2012, 04:26 PM
D'prived
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 05xrunner
good job..its nice to see someone who says I did HDR and not open up to see the pics soo stupidly overdone and just look awful. you did a proper job of not over the top but enough to give a nice dynamic range to the photo.
Originally Posted by kevinmalec
Great quality pics! Mustang looks great too!
Originally Posted by Norsky
Absolutely beautiful!!!!! Thanks for posting.
Originally Posted by iamgone
Nice car. Great pics. I love the way the colors contrast in HDR.
Originally Posted by mystangisblack
You're car is freaking gorgeous.
Originally Posted by B.Richards
I love HDR and what a great car to try it out on!, Beautiful!,
Originally Posted by 07BLACKGT
Nice! I came in here expecting to see some ****ty way over done HDR from some noob.

Well done, sir.
Thank you, thank you and thank you. I really appreciate you guys taking the time to comment on my photos.

Originally Posted by 07BLACKGT
Also, that is most definitely Madison County HS
You are most definitely right! My son graduated from there in 2008. Did you attend/graduate from there?

Originally Posted by t_kurgan
I'm new here, looking to purchase a GT premium within 1 year, digesting the huge amount of data folks have presented here and love the HDR. I wasn't expecting photography in this forum, and glad it's here!

As a photographer, I can see the D50 can produce some great images. Some tips for your next shoot if I may.

1. Use the camera's spot meter in aperture priority mode (use f/5.6 or f/8 ) on the darkest area of the high contrast scene and write down the shutter speed recommended
2. Use the camera's spot meter in aperture priority mode on the brightest highlight scene and write down the shutter speed recommended
3. Switch the camera to manual mode, starting with the dark shutter speed (probably the fastest), take one shot of each opening up 1 stop each shot until you reach the slowest shutter speed.
4. blend those raw into Photomatrix Pro and behold the zero noise image.

You may have 5, 7 or even 9 shots that will take some time to process, but will be worth it, especially the shot with the garbage bins.
Thanks! I appreciate you taking the time to critique and I will give what you suggest a shot.
Old 06-26-2012, 09:14 AM
t_kurgan

No sweat, d'prived. You have some great shots there and some great backgrounds/shadow areas and have some great creativity with that body and lens.
Old 06-26-2012, 04:49 PM
whoooty

Originally Posted by Jas5
Very clear pics...and clean car. Very aggressive looking. Best part has to be the skeleton pony!!
I didn't notice that until this guy pointed it out! Awesome haha

Your car looks badass