Mustang News, Concepts, Rumors & Discussion Did you see that Mustang?! Have you heard Ford's next move? Come inside.

2010 Camaro pricing officially announced

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2008, 02:20 PM
Elwood
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by fyrchkn
I think Chevy made the camaro to not even compete with the mustang. I think they made to go against the challenger.

Camaro- fully loaded 35k, 3860lbs, 422hp
Challenger- 40k, 4200lbs, 425hp

I personally love where they priced the new camaro. I thought it would have been much more than that. I'm waiting for an SS convt. and planning on voiding the warranty with a supercharger. I have enough faith in the ls3 to go without any major malfunctions for a while.

Of course the mustangs will outsell the camaro. Ford isn't really a performance type company. If you like ford and want a performance rear wheel drive car you can get a mustang or .. well thats it. Thats why there are thousands of different mustang models.

GM way there are solstice, sky, g8, camaro or corvette. Alot of their competition comes from themselves.
I think you've got a point there. It's a shame the GT was limited production. They need to bring back something like the Mercury Cougar for another sporty car or the "THUNDA BIRD!" as a performance two seater
Old 11-06-2008, 05:00 PM
ThisBlood147
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 01_torch_red_vette

ohh well, to each his own... for me i would much rather have an lsx based car and the potential they bring to the table for the few extra thousand if i were buying new. i'm gunna shut up now cause this seems to be getting silly.
Dude, you ARE on a Ford Mustang website. What were you expecting? A bunch of closet LSX fans?
Old 11-06-2008, 09:00 PM
Mustang_Joe
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by fyrchkn

Of course the mustangs will outsell the camaro. Ford isn't really a performance type company. If you like ford and want a performance rear wheel drive car you can get a mustang or .. well thats it. Thats why there are thousands of different mustang models.

GM way there are solstice, sky, g8, camaro or corvette. Alot of their competition comes from themselves.
Ford's is concerned about performance, just not at the top. They want to have the best dollar per value cars and be the lowest priced cars in the market.

They have a lot of competitive cars though and some used to:

Mustang VS Camaro (lower and higher model)

GT500 beats top model camaro or 4 seater competitor for vette

Ford GT vs top model Vette

Thunderbird use to vs any other 2 seater convertible