Mustang News, Concepts, Rumors & Discussion Did you see that Mustang?! Have you heard Ford's next move? Come inside.

I am sick of this.

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2008, 06:19 AM
Norm Peterson
6th Gear Member

Do terms like "unrefined" or "unsophisticated" work better for you than "raw"? Not everybody sees things described
with those labels as being flawed in some way. More like looking at the right tool for jobs that aren't about
"being pretty".

I imagine that there are a few folks in this thread who would have used at least some of the money that Ford spent
on the 2010 interior toward getting another 10 - 15 HP out of the engines.

Norm

Last edited by Norm Peterson; 12-02-2008 at 06:22 AM. Reason: make text fit screen
Old 12-02-2008, 09:59 AM
Mudflap
5th Gear Member

Honestly, while I don't care for the new model, I personally could give a rats **** and haven't wasted a moment thinking about it. /shrug
Old 12-02-2008, 06:06 PM
ThisBlood147
5th Gear Member

I like the interior in my 05 just fine, but I'm definitely not opposed to Ford giving me a much better one. The only thing I don't like about my interior is that they used hard plastic on everything. And pretty much anytime something knocks against it, it leaves scuff marks that are very hard to get rid of. I never had that problem in my 98. In short, I think the 2010's interior is a step in the right direction. And contrary to what a few ppl may think....it was a necessary step. The Mustang has to stay competitive in every sense that it can. And a lackluster interior can scare away lots of potential buyers who might otherwise consider a Mustang purchase.
Old 12-04-2008, 09:57 PM
83gtragtop
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by ThisBlood147
I like the interior in my 05 just fine, but I'm definitely not opposed to Ford giving me a much better one. The only thing I don't like about my interior is that they used hard plastic on everything. And pretty much anytime something knocks against it, it leaves scuff marks that are very hard to get rid of. I never had that problem in my 98. In short, I think the 2010's interior is a step in the right direction. And contrary to what a few ppl may think....it was a necessary step. The Mustang has to stay competitive in every sense that it can. And a lackluster interior can scare away lots of potential buyers who might otherwise consider a Mustang purchase.
Well put.
Old 12-05-2008, 12:05 AM
backinblack68

Default taillights

I think as most would agree that it is always a matter of preference, but does anyone else notice that the 2010 rear lights look very similar to the 2004 rear lights? Personally I think it was a step backwards and not very creative-I would have been more impressed if they had taken a risk and made the 3 taillights stacked horizontal. I guess in five more years they will round off the hood again to make it more "streamlined". Just my own prediction, and again preference , but I think the more they mess with it , the less muscular looking it will become just based on this new model. I hope I am wrong...
Old 12-05-2008, 02:19 AM
83gtragtop
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by backinblack68
I think as most would agree that it is always a matter of preference, but does anyone else notice that the 2010 rear lights look very similar to the 2004 rear lights? Personally I think it was a step backwards and not very creative-I would have been more impressed if they had taken a risk and made the 3 taillights stacked horizontal. I guess in five more years they will round off the hood again to make it more "streamlined". Just my own prediction, and again preference , but I think the more they mess with it , the less muscular looking it will become just based on this new model. I hope I am wrong...
They did that with the early sn-95's.
Old 12-05-2008, 03:09 AM
GeritGoul
3rd Gear Member

im not pissed about the 2010 mustang, a mustang is a mustang, but the first time someone pulls up next to me in a 2010 and says, "HEY!!..Im better than you!!", ima be like,"HEY!!....I've got a Bullitt!" and the convo will be short lived because the person will have realized my badassness level is a couple notches higher...sooo yeah, im not pissed about em..
Old 12-09-2008, 08:11 PM
allenfre

Originally Posted by zektor
I spent 30 minutes adding silver stripes yesterday. They are a bit rough, but it gives you a good idea on the look...

Cheers
Dazza
Total bad@$- Anyways, it looks better now than the wide white strips. It's like the black sheep of all muscle cars around lol