Mustang News, Concepts, Rumors & Discussion Did you see that Mustang?! Have you heard Ford's next move? Come inside.

The Roush P-51B

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2009, 07:24 PM
bpark8824
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Darkcrime
my buddy has owned 3 nissans (don't know why he keeps getting them). he has had dealership issues with all of them and the dealerships don't like to warrant their items.

He just had a TSB on something on his car, brought the car in, they made him pay $700 to get it fixed and said the TSB covered something else with no further explination.

Nissan = nice styling
Nissan = will work on pricing
Honda = Best overall (dealerships kiss ur as*)

Now don't get me wrong, I'm not saying everyone that owns a Nissan has issues, but from what I have seen in the past 10 years they owned Nissan cars (with over 3 different dealerships involved), its safe to say I will never own one.
My girlfriend owns an Infiniti and while she hasn't had to deal with a dealer because she bought it used, I must says its been one hell of a reliable car. She hasn't had a single problem with it and it now has 180k miles on it. So from the aspect Nissan makes good products. I have no experience with the dealers tho.
Old 01-09-2009, 09:54 PM
mustangfan410
The 2014 Mustang Forums T-Shirt Design Winner

Originally Posted by JayRolla
I dont know nissan has always made good cars and there warranty is not as bad as you say. I know a lot of infinity owners.
i think nissan would not replace a guys transmission on a GT-R because he drove it too fast.
Old 01-09-2009, 09:56 PM
mustangfan410
The 2014 Mustang Forums T-Shirt Design Winner

heres the link
http://www.autoblog.com/2008/10/13/c...owners-busted/
Old 01-10-2009, 03:32 PM
scg87
5th Gear Member

*puts on flamesuit* I honestly think the P51 Roush is lame as hell. Dollar for dollar, it doesn't even begin to touch it's competition. A GT-R and Z06 both put this car to shame IMO. If you want a Mustang for speed potential, just save money and buy a GT500. If you want a Mustang for good handling, you're pretty much screwed....
Old 01-16-2009, 02:50 AM
Matt's 95 Stang
Resident Ginger

I personally like it. I will never have the money for it, Im not sure why Ford is spending money for cars that will only sell to a handfull of people (noone on this forum Im sure), when they could be spending the money to improve the 4.0.

Matthew
Old 01-20-2009, 01:12 PM
lemmer

Originally Posted by Matts 85 LX
I personally like it. I will never have the money for it, Im not sure why Ford is spending money for cars that will only sell to a handfull of people (noone on this forum Im sure), when they could be spending the money to improve the 4.0.

Matthew
I would agree on 1 point and disagree on 4...

i do like it, and that's a pretty good reasong for someone to make it, it's a beacon, a show car, something to have a pride in...
And if you work hard you can get anything, especially in america, even you, but that's choices one has to make along the way.
And i'm sure that more then just someOne on this forum could afford it, just because there is a great variety of mustangs enthusiasts out there.

And lastly... i'm sure that there are enthusiasts that put a great pride into their 6 cylinder car, but it's not matter of money when you choose 6 cylinder car over a v8 muscle car, at least to me, because the difference is not that big.
Old 01-23-2009, 01:59 AM
Matt's 95 Stang
Resident Ginger

Originally Posted by lemmer
I would agree on 1 point and disagree on 4...

i do like it, and that's a pretty good reasong for someone to make it, it's a beacon, a show car, something to have a pride in...
And if you work hard you can get anything, especially in america, even you, but that's choices one has to make along the way.
And i'm sure that more then just someOne on this forum could afford it, just because there is a great variety of mustangs enthusiasts out there.

And lastly... i'm sure that there are enthusiasts that put a great pride into their 6 cylinder car, but it's not matter of money when you choose 6 cylinder car over a v8 muscle car, at least to me, because the difference is not that big.
Well I meet your disagreement with my own disagreement.

I relize its a show car, and a very nice one. But how many man hours, and Im sure hundreds of thousands of dollars went into it? That money could be put to better use (IMO).
As for the "noone on this forum could afford it", I was joking. I am a avid lover of Mustangs and would buy one if I could.
I know what you mean about taking great price in the car you have, weither a 4cly, v6, or v8. I have a old 95 v6 that ive put WAY to much money into it. But I got the v6 because that was the only think I could afford. If I would have found a GT in my area for what I paid for the 6 I would have taken it in a heart beat, so I have to disagree with you about it not being about money. But hey we all have diffrent oppinions and hopfully we can learn from eachother.

Matthew
Old 01-27-2009, 03:14 PM
lemmer

Matt, i agree with you on getting what one can afford, and i guess i've put a foot in my mouth on it not being about the money. I waited for 5 (almost 6) years before i got a chance to get a gt, and for me it was a v8 or nothing, but in no ways i'm saying one is better then the other and one should get something over other, if one loves his car and takes a pride in it, then it doesn't matter what it is... and i hope to drop this part...

more important Roush's P-51B... I don't know if it's ford that spent the money and time, cause it's roush's project... and every time performance car does project like that, it's pretty much a commercial. I don't think they would do it, if it won't be profitable. Somehow they r going to make money on that.
Old 01-27-2009, 05:00 PM
LilRoush
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by scg87
*puts on flamesuit* I honestly think the P51 Roush is lame as hell. Dollar for dollar, it doesn't even begin to touch it's competition. A GT-R and Z06 both put this car to shame IMO. If you want a Mustang for speed potential, just save money and buy a GT500. If you want a Mustang for good handling, you're pretty much screwed....

That's all good, except when you toss the GT500 up against top Roush and Saleen cars, it pales in comparison on all performance aspects of them.

As for your handling comment, again see above. Roush and Saleen camps have kicked out cars that will run circles around most of the top imports out there.
Old 01-27-2009, 11:15 PM
scg87
5th Gear Member

A 100% stock GT500 will equal or better most numbers nearly anything w/ a Roush/Saleen badge on the front. Espec when it comes to money spent. Some Saleens cost double a GT500's price. That's absurd. And they're most popular models are nothing more than GT's w/ ground effects, stickers, intake/exhaust, and a giant price hike. If an equivalent Japanese product existed, it'd be labeled rice by nearly everyone on this forum, and rightfully so.

As for the last portion of your post, it's apparent you did not grasp the meaning of my original statement. If you want a Mustang for good HANDLING, you're pretty much screwed. There's a big difference between handling and cornering ability. Anything can be made to corner well. That doesn't mean it will handle well.

Quick Reply: The Roush P-51B