Mustang News, Concepts, Rumors & Discussion Did you see that Mustang?! Have you heard Ford's next move? Come inside.

New 2014 Mustang Rumors!

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2012, 01:03 PM
mfournier

Originally Posted by NYstang
Sorry, Sould I have said summer car? Becase where half the country is wothless for that kind of car 5-6 months per year, Its not somethin you use as a primary driver.

Hey, i remember another car that was styled ad priced for a higher class market, competed with the AMG and M3's, and did it well, Guess what? It was critisized for being something it wasnt, and sold like ****. So lives the last GTO. The same thing could happen to the mustang. Whats the average american household income? between 45-50k at the moment. Suddently, that 35k sport coupe is pretty damn expensive. its not a damn sports car, you buffoon- ITS A PONY CAR. What was the original idea? oh yeah, a cheap, sporty car. Where did it go? it went the way of lazy americans, with its 15 CD changer and 8 cupholders, and trying to compete with the Euro cars whilst forgetting its history. FORD tried to replace it with what should have been the modern replacement back in the 90s. It didnt work. Why should they do it now? Im not saying stick with a live axle- which you so idiotically took as something I said- but they need to remember where its roots are half the selling point, and not everyone wants 15 *** warmers per square inch, 15 disc changer, GPS, satellite radio, 92 way seats, etc. Some just want the classic AMERICAN sports car. So do you european people.

I sincerely hope the boys across the pond are enjoying the 40 year old, big brash 'american good ol boy' cars that I sent over last year- with its inefficient V8, live axle, and poor gas mileage, along with the distinctly AMERICAN styling and feel. I suppose he should have bought the new M3? Because what European in their right mind would ever pay for an american minded vehicle.

Or since this is the internet and we are all tough guys, I will gladly take the 30min drive to MA and put my foot up your ***
OK OK I get it Hay I did snot buy my 2009 brand new I am a average guy also. But I don't want a 2015 mustang that will get its doors blown off by some punk in a Nissan ether.

And I Love Classic Mustangs as much as the next guy but they are classic cars you do not expect them to match a new cars in comfort and performance and when you do build a classic that does it costs ALOT more then 35K just price a turnkey classic from YearOne.

I fully understand that the average salary in the US when you consider the increase in cost of everything has not kept up over the past 20-30 years that is the sad truth of putting Wall Street profits and ever greater CEO and Executive compensation over the salaries and Pension funds of the average worker. But that is another debate for another forum. As for what the new 2015 Mustang should be or Not be.

I wold rather be forced to wait and buy a Used 2015 vs it being compromised by bean counters to keep the price down. We all know Ford is not making cars to just make cars and they are bound to the same economics of wall Street that the rest of the world it so they are certainly not going to eat the cost budding a car with outstanding performance numbers it will be reflected in the price. that is the hard truth. We all want to be driving a Bad A** ride but unless you want to have some punk in a Lexus coupe telling you your car is all looks and no go you have to expect to pay a bit more then that average car. My wife just bout a New Focus and it was over 24K (more then I paid for my 2009 Mustang) and it is a Econo car.

Remember the Mustang Is no longer the car it was in 1968 it has become a performance car not as Shelby put it a "Secretary's car" with a V8 dropped under the hood.
The Secretary's car of today is the Focus and if you want the 2013 equivalent of the early Mustang concept wise it would be a FocusST (your not going to fit a V8 it that car)
Remember there was no Subcompacts in 1968 (not in the US anyway) The Mustang was a Considered a Small car back then. SO THE FORMULA for the original Pony cars was take the smallest car you make that you can put a V-8 in. But today the small cars are FWD and are too small put in a V8 but the concept is the same take a inexpensive Econo car and put a performance engine in it making a cheap performance car. So there you go by a FocusST it is the basic concept of the original pony cars.
It is NOT the 1968 version it is what you get when you take the Concept and apply to the average car today. SO where does that leave the Mustang? it's roots lie in a 1968 6cyl. Secretary's car it was sporty but not a sports car but Shelby took it Sports car racing and the Mustang Legend was born. But today's Mustang is not a Average Car with a more powerful engine it is a complete different model of car targeting at a Specific performance market with NOTHING of it from ANY of Fords Econo cars it no longer fits the Model of what the Original Mustang was it is now a performance car. Yes ford Still makes a V6 version and it sells a bunch of those but that V6 is still a long way from it's original roots the even the V6 versions are targeted for performance (it has 300HP in the V6 that is more HP then the V8 in the 1980s 5.0 V8) SO Why should Ford build a Mustang that is a compromise of price vs performance when it already makes plenty of cars that fit that bill. The Mustang is a Breed and Brand unto itself and that Brand stands for American Muscle. Only I for one do not want My american Muscle bested by some Euro or Japanese coupe just because it might keep the price down.

Last edited by mfournier; 06-23-2012 at 01:08 PM.
Old 06-23-2012, 05:33 PM
MustangFTW

if 35k is too much, then buy a base v6 for 22k

even if the average income is around 40k, you can save up for a down payment and have a reasonable monthly cost.

Old 06-25-2012, 11:36 AM
ninefooter
1st Gear Member

So I'm confused from reading various articles. Is the 2014 mustang supposed to be the current styling updated or a new style? Because what I've been reading is the new style mustang will be for the 50th anniversary coming out in April 2014 AS a 2015 mustang not a 2014 mustang. So what style will be coming out in.. say april 2013 as the 2014 mustang? Will that be retro styled like current or will be different?

If it's going to be different in april 2013 as a 2014, then (unrealistically) they would be designing yet another completely new style for 50th anniversary in april 2014 called the 2015 mustang.

So what's the deal? Obviously noone knows for sure, but completely changing the style IN 2014 called the 2015 still leaves the void of what style an actual 2014 mustang (released April 2013) will look like.

Edit: Here's what I think. The mustang we saw that looked like a 2013 mustang with IRS will be the 2014 mustang as the first mustang with the new IRS and possibly other changes while retaining the current or close to current body styling. Then the 2015 coming out in April 2014 will be the NEW body style with a fully tested IRS (tested on the 2014 with current body style). Thoughts?

edit2: My brilliant deduction is really difficult to read with that *** above my post

Last edited by ninefooter; 06-25-2012 at 11:47 AM.
Old 06-26-2012, 10:33 AM
jrglenni

Originally Posted by ninefooter
edit2: My brilliant deduction is really difficult to read with that *** above my post
I agree, I was trying to pay attention but I really couldn't... *mmmm*
Old 07-01-2012, 05:05 PM
dsslayer1210
1st Gear Member

Wow I am not a fan of the rear and the overall look. It's too... curvy.