Mustang News, Concepts, Rumors & Discussion Did you see that Mustang?! Have you heard Ford's next move? Come inside.

07 Shelby Test cars (1 red 1 black) here in CO.

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2005, 10:12 AM
GBPackerFan
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: 07 Shelby Test cars (1 red 1 black) here in CO.

[sm=funnypostabove.gif] I don't know about the trailer hitch, but I sure don't like all of the "subtle" changes they keep making. Anyone else notice lots of changes? [&:] "C"
Old 09-23-2005, 10:17 AM
tripleblack
1st Gear Member

Trailer hitch is used as a strong attaching point for all the fluid taps plumbed into the car. They're used to pull all the fluids (gas, brake fluid, freon, coolant) out when comparing different mixes, and also to tap a sample to analyze. You can also plug in meters directly on the taps to check pressures. The on/off switch is just like on race cars, a clean way to disconnect the power without popping the hood in case you need to do some work without frying your rolex. I wouldn't be surprised that the trailer hitch is also used to tow a small monitoring trailer outfitted with scientific equipment used to capture data on how the car fares in high altitude - high temp conditions.

The probable reason they didn't pull the side cobra emblems is because their instructions from upper management overlooked specifically demanding they remove them (I suspect the test guys got a memo detailing what they were to do with such things). Like most car guys, I bet the test team didn't mind letting onlookers know they were working on such a sweet assignment. I know I'm envious.

Has anyone got any update as to availability date and pricing? The last I heard, Car & Driver said they would start out at about $38,500, and be available to order some time in January...

I also know some grasping dealers will take your money now without telling you when the cars will arrive, how much they'll cost, or what sort of markup you'll be paying!

I'll go a bit over MSRP, but that's it. Otherwise, its back to my original plan to slap a Kenne Bell 2.4 on my 2002 and go shelbie hunting when all the rappers and billionaires buy up the initial production run at double the price...

tripleblack

Old 09-23-2005, 10:43 AM
GBPackerFan
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: tripleblack
RESPONSE: GBPackerFan

I know I'm envious.
Yeah, me too!!![sm=loser.gif]

Has anyone got any update as to availability date and pricing? The last I heard, Car & Driver said they would start out at about $38,500, and be available to order some time in January...
Ah, excellent question! Can someone please answer this? I sure hope they start at that price.

I'll go a bit over MSRP, but that's it. Otherwise, its back to my original plan to slap a Kenne Bell 2.4 on my 2002 and go shelbie hunting when all the rappers and billionaires buy up the initial production run at double the price...
Well, I'm no rapper or billionaire, and I've been told a certain dealership will not charge me anything over MSRP. Damn, I hope he's giving me his word, and his word is good! [&:]
Old 09-24-2005, 08:28 PM
tripleblack
1st Gear Member

Hey, if anyone finds a good dealer who'll sell at msrp, let me know - I'll travel to get the deed done - I've heard the release codes and pricing will be available as early as November, but I've also heard January.

tripleblack
Old 09-25-2005, 02:56 PM
Ebein
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: tripleblack

Trailer hitch is used as a strong attaching point for all the fluid taps plumbed into the car. They're used to pull all the fluids (gas, brake fluid, freon, coolant) out when comparing different mixes, and also to tap a sample to analyze. You can also plug in meters directly on the taps to check pressures. The on/off switch is just like on race cars, a clean way to disconnect the power without popping the hood in case you need to do some work without frying your rolex. I wouldn't be surprised that the trailer hitch is also used to tow a small monitoring trailer outfitted with scientific equipment used to capture data on how the car fares in high altitude - high temp conditions.

The probable reason they didn't pull the side cobra emblems is because their instructions from upper management overlooked specifically demanding they remove them (I suspect the test guys got a memo detailing what they were to do with such things). Like most car guys, I bet the test team didn't mind letting onlookers know they were working on such a sweet assignment. I know I'm envious.

I also know some grasping dealers will take your money now without telling you when the cars will arrive, how much they'll cost, or what sort of markup you'll be paying!

tripleblack
Dealer I bought my Mustang GT from said the Shelby Cobra's would be starting at 20k over MSRP since its the last car Shelby will
likely ever make. Dont know how many they will sell though, since they still have the Ford GT in thier showroom ( been there
2 months ) and thier asking 250k and wont let you get within 5 feet of it ( roped off )
Old 10-06-2005, 01:17 AM
StrokemyNotch
2nd Gear Member

I m going to go right now and buy a hundred dollars worth of lottery tickets and then i am going to buy 3 or 4 shelbies When i hit the jackpot!!!

HELL YEEAAAA
[sm=bounceybounce.gif]
Old 10-06-2005, 03:16 AM
UT04GT
3rd Gear Member

nice pics... cant wait till they hit the streets
Old 10-12-2005, 05:50 AM
Fastback Guy
2nd Gear Member

Off topic, but Ebein talked about the GT being roped off. . . . that's Ford criteria. The aluminum body isn't all that "durable" and they're preventing damage. Also, no on at the dealership can drive the vehicle. It's only driven by the approved delivery personnel. If a dealership wishes to service one, they send ONE tech to a course. When he/she returns, that's the ony person that can drive the GT and it's roped off wherever it's parked. Of course, I guess certain provisions are necessary if a vehicle is going for $100,000 OVER MSRP, huh?