New Member Area Are you new to Mustang Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

New to Site + Mustang!

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2008, 07:32 PM
Mamamia9110

Default New to Site + Mustang!

Hey all, I'm new to the American Muscle scene itself.
While I'm not sure if I can call my mustang american muscle or not being a V6, I like to :P

Anyway, bought my new Mustang yesterday, used over a full tank of gas in one evening and that night driving and enjoying it.

She's basically a stock 6 banger.
That'll be changing soon though.
First I plan to do a couple cosmetic things, going to get some new headlights and some of the smoked glass.
Also going to get a Cold Air Intake and hopefully by next summer be able to afford to get her Turbo'd. She's basically going to be a long project. The day I call my upgrades to a halt on her, I want her to be twin turbo'd running at least 400HP.

But until then, she's going to sit stock with minor modifications until I get started on my new career in the coming May.

I honestly only recently started getting into the whole Car scene itself. I drove my grandfather's truck most of the time when i was 16-17 when I needed to go somewhere. I never knew anything about cars at all, just to get from point a to b.

Last March, my mom bought a new car and I got her 1992 Plymouth Laser. I really knew nothing about it, but I read about it and really got into it.

Due to my laser, I'm also a huge DSM fan, I love the Eclipses/Talons/Lasers and some other imports like the Evo/STI etc etc, I'm not into the ricing that goes on. I always cry when I see a nice car like a Eclipse GSX with a huge wing and trash can exhaust.

Anyway, so basically I got my first car this last March.
In June, my transmission went out. I was going to fix the Laser but my Grandmother thought the laser was a bad influence since she had been behind me once without me knowing it when I was street racing a hick truck.

She bought me a 2001 Grand Am. I hated it, it was a great condition car. I just hated having such a plain car that everyone and their sister has. However I totaled it 6 days after having it when I lost control on the free-way when I looked down for a second to reset my cruise control. I still have problems convincing her I didn't do it on purpose(but if you see the wreckage, I easily could have died, why would I do it on purpose?).

So then I bought a 1999 Oldsmobile Alero GLS V6, just because I really needed a car bad and it was the only decent price'd sporty car I could find in town. I found many problems I hadn't found in the test drive, I put over 1000 into it and finally decided to try to sell it.

The main things that made me hate the Grand Am and Alero were the automatics, after driving the truck and laser so much, driving a manual for me was the only way to drive

I had intended to sell the Alero and then drive my Grandfather's truck again until I found a new car. Then last week I was looking around at a local large dealer in town. I was considering making payments on a brand new Subaru Impreza or Mitsubishi Lancer.

I was cornered by a salesperson and told him none of their used cars peaked my interest since I was looking for a 5spd non-jeep/truck/suv (you get the picture). He told me they had just gotten a 2001 5spd V6 Mustang traded in and it wasn't even outside yet, it had gotten in earlier in the day.
I test drove it the next day before it was serviced or detailed, I fell in love instantly with it.

They wanted $8000 for it.
I talked them down to $5700 (being financed).
Brought it home yesterday.

Soon as I sell the Alero, I'll pay 4500 off and be 1200 away from having her completely mine.

So now you have my extremely long car story how I came to own my new Mustang. And let me say, I almost love her more than my laser(yes i'm afraid I enjoyed my laser more)

However as unreliable as the laser was, I see this 'stang being my baby for a good many years, even when I eventually buy a brand new car off the lot (currently planned to be a Dodge Challenger) I hope to keep the stang as a racing toy when that happens.

So now you also know my plans!
And finally, a picture of my baby napping outside for the first time in the driveway.

http://img392.imageshack.us/my.php?image=m1cb6.jpg
I had to get a reliable car for trips soon as I'll be moving out of my Grandparent's home to the capitol for the State Patrol academy, and I figured the mustang is your average family vacation car, right? :P
Old 10-05-2008, 07:41 PM
ponyandajag
4th Gear Member

Welcome to the forums.
Old 10-05-2008, 08:33 PM
RPI Designs
Former Sponsor

Welcome to the site!!
Old 10-06-2008, 05:52 AM
5SPD07GT
Official Site Sponsor

congrats on the purchase, prepare to start spending money