Other Professional Racing NASCAR, Formula 1, Sprint, Rally & Off Road, SCCA Auto X, Le Mans, Pro Stock, Cart, Drag, IROC, etc.

Is there anyway of getting started in the lower NASCAR ranks?

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2007, 02:44 PM
PushinTheLimit
5th Gear Member

Default Is there anyway of getting started in the lower NASCAR ranks?

I've followed NASCAR for 17 years now and its probably been my biggest passion that I've wanted to do for a long time. I know alot of times it takes either alot of money or a big name to get started. Since I really don't have either, is there anyway a person could get a start in NASCAR? I know it would be in the lower ranks until you would be able to prove yourself... but its something that I'd be willing to check out and really consider if it was possible. If anyone has good information on this... I would really appreciate it.
Old 05-14-2007, 10:05 PM
David_K
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Is there anyway of getting started in the lower NASCAR ranks?

get ahold of a pit pass at the next nascar race and start talking to people
Old 05-14-2007, 10:14 PM
roush17
3rd Gear Member

A lot of drivers start racing on dirt and end up running in small circuits (forget what they are called). I know Kenseth came through and broke most of Martin's records previously held on the Midwest circuits. He just got lucky since one of his fellow competitors remembered him and asked him to race for him one weekend. He and Robbie Reiser have been together ever since. The ARCA and Hooters series also provide a good entry into NASCAR.
Old 05-15-2007, 10:08 PM
RodeoFlyer
4th Gear Member

find your local short track and look into Street Stock. It's essentially a gutted car with a cage and minimal mods. You can build a reliable car for a few grand. win some races and make a name. get people to give you MONEY lol and then run late models. late models are the backbone of circle track racing. win a LOT of races and find people to give you LOTS of money and run a tour series. Hopefully by then all the stars will have aligned and somebody will have noticed you.

from the looks of where NASCAR is going now though, you need to be 19-25 years old, blonde hair/ blue eyes, with a pretty smile and a marketing degree lol. driving skills are secondary.

GOOD LUCK!
Old 05-19-2007, 12:11 AM
WildBill3

Hi everyone new here but this one hit close to home ! We ran a pony stock 4 bangers on what was then called a Winston Racing Seiries,we had a lot of sucsessand won many features events had lots of fun and lerned a ton.I guess the question you need to ask what are your long term goals cause you can drop a ton of money and not get very far.If I had to do it over again I think I would get to know and help the people in the top classes thats were your going to learn the most ,and the best ways to do things.it may be slow going at first especially if you dont know anyone go around and volunteer your time to the team most are looking for good Dependable help.This is all about the lerning curve if you catch on fast it will go well Listen Listen Listen and you will learn the way to do it right the first time so your not wasting your money or time when you yourself diside to take the plunge...good luckWildBill3
Old 05-30-2007, 04:56 PM
The stang II
2nd Gear Member

If you take a look at my thread I made, it's how my brother got into NASCAR bomber series. If you haven't started now,it will be really hard, and will take time to be good. But having 13 years of experience at driving go karts/shifter karts, and 2 years of nascar under his belt like my brother is a way you can really be a really good driver. Or you start now, spend 8 years at your local short track racing and then you get really good.

I'm sorry about beinga dick, i'm not trying to, but it's SUPER hard to go a lot farther than my brother already has. He is moving up to super stocks next year though with the help of a big sponsor. So like people have said, go to your local track and get a pit pass, ask questions, and maybe you'll land a ride for 1 race.