Search

Go Back   MustangForums.com > Speed Zone > Other Professional Racing
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Other Professional Racing NASCAR, Formula 1, Sprint, Rally & Off Road, SCCA Auto X, Le Mans, Pro Stock, Cart, Drag, IROC, etc.

Welcome to Mustang Forums!
Welcome to Mustang Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

Old 07-06-2014, 09:06 PM   #41
vbstang13
3rd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2005 Saleen vert, 1966 289 v8 Coupe, 2012 Boss 302

Quote:
Originally Posted by buster View Post
Somebody took the position that stock car drivers should be racing in the rain at Daytona
Ok Buster, I know that.

In early posts there was talk about the Nascar Stock car not being anywhere near stock like they used to be. Therefore my reply was mostly based on that aspect. You good with that?
This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Mustang Forums!
Old 07-07-2014, 09:50 AM   #42
buster
4th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2001 grand prix gtp - had to sell the slow stang

Quote:
Originally Posted by vbstang13 View Post
Ok Buster, I know that.

In early posts there was talk about the Nascar Stock car not being anywhere near stock like they used to be. Therefore my reply was mostly based on that aspect. You good with that?
I'm good. I actually think that the original floor pan is all that is left off the original car. They actually use a motor based on what they put in a pickup. I agree but, they have not run a "stock" car since the mid 50s. They did it to improve the safety of the driver and the fans. Also to improve competition.
Having cars running 3 laps ahead of 2nd place like Europeans seem to love in F1 is just stupid in my opinion. Having stock Mustang body doing 215 mph like they were at Michigan is suicide. That car would take off like an airplane.
It was never my intention to insult anybody BTW. :-)
Old 07-07-2014, 09:50 AM
MustangForums
Ford Mustang

Paid Advertisement

Tags
custom, dub, srt8